Item upgrade for quest reward

Sstecik

Dalayan Beginner
I just finished the "Clearing the way to Rivervale" quest yesterday as a monk and received the leather class reward of "Hardened Leather Mask" that has the following stats:

AC: 3
DEX: +3
WIS: +3

This is currently what I am wearing in my face slot:

Fearful Eyepatch
DEX: +3
AGI: +3
HP: 15
Mod: Intimidation +3%

Obviously, it isn't worth replacing my "Eyepatch", which drops from a lvl 13 mob with the reward from a quest that I completed at 41. Is it possible to upgrade this item to be more in line with the other rewards given out by this quest?

Yeah, my druid wears the mask, but only because it replaced her leather mask.

It should be noted that the quest is a pretty long and tedious one. You have to kill 4 bats which uncommonly drop the wings (probably 1/4), 2 bears which rarely drop the hides (probably 1/8), and a druid which very rarely drops the medallion (don't know the frequency). The bats are about lvl 35, the bears about lvl 38-40, and the druids are around lvl 40, if I recall correctly. The quest took me about 2 hours to complete, probably, and that was with the good luck to get the medallion on my first druid kill (I did the quest twice - once for warrior and once for druid). For a pretty lengthy quest, which would be difficult to solo for most classes, this reward is pretty mediocre. For reference, here are the items the other classes get:

Chain:

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: CHEST
AC: 21
STR: +3 DEX: +3 WIS: +2 HP: +15
WT: 8.0
Size: MEDIUM
Class: RNG ROG SHM
Race: ALL

Plate:

Slot: LEGS
AC: 18
STR: +3 WIS: +2 INT: +2 HP: +8 MANA: +8
WT: 7.5
Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD

Silk:

Slot: WAIST
Effect: (Combat, Instant)
STA: +2 INT: +4
Weight: .5 Size: Small
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC

(from Wiki, no clue what the effect is supposed to be)

I was just about to post something about this in Suggestions/Requests. Good thing I did a search first.

I agree that the leather reward is considerably worse than the plate and chain rewards. Especially when, from a monk point of view, it is easly trumped by the Fearful Eyepatch, which drops from a level thirteen gnoll on the top floor of blackburrow.

Not only is the leather reward bad compared to the other rewards, but it is also bad considering the difficulty of the quest. The rarity of the drops, combined with difficulty level of the monsters, many of which have been buffed by the high level wandering Corrupted Ancient Treants, as well as the location of the zone, should reward something slightly, if not significantly, better than the Hardened Leather Mask. As it stands, the mask looks as though it would be better fitted as a reward for a low level beginners quest.

Back
Top Bottom