Item inconsistancies

Just because a dwarf doesn't have a robe graphic, doesn't mean they should be excluded from an item. I've seen some robes for clerics only, so why should a dwarf cleric be excluded from them?

Crest : (heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet

Crests were not made with gems/metal, they are sewn items. I would think that would be the reasoning behind it being aug slot 5.

Danku has the crest correct.

I assume this applies to the robe in a reverse fashion:

Class Addition Requests
Contrary to common belief, there are in fact items that do not correspond to the common class combinations, or that can only be used by one or two similar classes, and are actually supposed to be that way. So unless you have a better argument for why an item should be <my class> usable than "This here other class that shares armor type/casting stat with mine can use it and I can't!" please do not post a request to have your class added to it. If you do post without a good argument for your class to be added to it, the post will be trashcanned.

Danku said:
Crest : (heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet

Crests were not made with gems/metal, they are sewn items. I would think that would be the reasoning behind it being aug slot 5.

This.

I made the Tiny Royal Crest and had it in mind that it was a cloth item not a piece of jewelry. Hence the type 5 aug and not a type 3. It seems silly in retrospect considering I ended up making it an ear piece.

JayelleNephilim said:
This.

I made the Tiny Royal Crest and had it in mind that it was a cloth item not a piece of jewelry. Hence the type 5 aug and not a type 3. It seems silly in retrospect considering I ended up making it an ear piece.
Why is it outlandish to have a cloth earring?

JayelleNephilim said:
It's not. It's just that even though it's made of cloth it's still jewelry and probably could have been aug'd as such.

I agree especially considering that a type 5 aug on an earring means that it will potentially have a better aug than is available to any other jewelry. (+30 mana vs. +24 / +5ac vs. +4ac etc etc)

I disagree -

Having augment types solely pertaining to slots seems a bit dull to me. So the eatring gets 4 more mana on its augment... that just makes it that much more interesting/choice based when deciding what earing to buy.

Waldoff said:
I disagree -

Having augment types solely pertaining to slots seems a bit dull to me. So the eatring gets 4 more mana on its augment... that just makes it that much more interesting/choice based when deciding what earing to buy.

jeweley bracelets are tite

Waldoff said:

Agreed.

kukov said:
I agree especially considering that a type 5 aug on an earring means that it will potentially have a better aug than is available to any other jewelry. (+30 mana vs. +24 / +5ac vs. +4ac etc etc)

That's not a problem so long as the item's stats were balanced with that in mind. As I think robopirateninja was trying to point out, albeit cryptically, that many bracers have type 3 aug slots (being considered jewelery), and many have type 2 or 5 slots. The augs in the jewlery-type bracers will not be as good as the augs in the non-jewerly-type bracers, but as long as they were balanced with that in mind it's not a problem.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
That's not a problem so long as the item's stats were balanced with that in mind. As I think robopirateninja was trying to point out, albeit cryptically, that many bracers have type 3 aug slots (being considered jewelery), and many have type 2 or 5 slots. The augs in the jewlery-type bracers will not be as good as the augs in the non-jewerly-type bracers, but as long as they were balanced with that in mind it's not a problem.

This is correct. In the raid game, there are many necks that are type2/3, bracers that are 2(5)/3, masks that are 2(5)/3 and so on. Items should use augs according to what they are "made from" and I think the staff does a pretty good job about that.

Back
Top Bottom