Issue with Mazik Windweaver's quest(s)

ShunGokuSatsu

Dalayan Beginner
This is a chronological account of the problems I've had with the quests that Mazik Windweaver gives in Southern Badlands.

I collected all of the Tarxan beaks required to shift faction to "ally", but when I turned the last beak in and the "[D1] What Cloak of the Wind?" prompt came up, I accidentally re-hailed which reset the dialogue options.

Problem: Once at ally, Mazik no longer accepted beaks from me which effectively cut me off from re-prompting the desired dialogue option. I believe I even tried typing the sentence out exactly by to no avail.

I decided to try lowering my faction to see if I would be re-allowed to turn in beaks, so I killed a coupe of Kargyxx and lowered my faction back down to "warmly". However, stubborn as he is, Mazik STILL wouldn't accept beaks from me, which doesn't make any sense considering the beak quest is faction-driven.

I am unsure as to whether it is a problem with Mazik himself, or a problem with my character. I doubt anybody else has passed up the first chance to pick up the cloak, so I don't know if anybody else has experienced this.

Any suggestions?

Log into sod irc and ask if a dev can help you with a flagging issue. I don't think gms can help with this, via petition. Also, be patient in irc, devs aren't always on during the day and may be pre-occupied if they are on.

Hello there, Mazik Windweaver won't take any beaks from me (working on SC quest). Maybe it has something to do with the mob itself?

Thanks in advance.

Boehm - I don't have IRC so talking to a Dev out-of-game may prove difficult for me. However, I do play at odd hours of the night so I may be able to catch one while they are online.

I learned that GMs couldn't help, after my petition was finally answered (after 5 sends). I tried to send a /bug report, but apparently I am unable to do that as well (verified by a GM).

Akat - I'm glad someone else is having an issue with the quest - that means that it is likely to be a problem with Mazik himself and not a flagging issue.

Turning the beaks in groups of 4 should work (or at least that's working for me).

Boehm - I don't have IRC so talking to a Dev out-of-game may prove difficult for me. However, I do play at odd hours of the night so I may be able to catch one while they are online.

Trying to hail a dev in game is only going to get you sanctioned. If you go here, you can try the webirc client provided by CW,

Webirc to sod

Just say what you said here that you may need help with a quest flag. Be polite and patient. It may take some time until one is free or present.

Trying to hail a dev in game is only going to get you sanctioned. If you go here, you can try the webirc client provided by CW

I usually petition to talk to a dev, and the GMs are cooperative because it concerns a quest issue.

Also, I thought the devs checked these boards - didn't realize I had to use chat. Thanks for the link - I'll put it to good use.

They do check the boards, but the chance of a dev volunteering to check out someone else's work has been historically small. Your mileage may vary. Gms recommend a thread since they can't do anything and something might happen.

You, also, don't have to use irc if you don't want to. its just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom