Issue with last step of Main Quest

Reiker

Dalayan Adventurer
The problem resulted from me keeping the 5 MQ books in my Seeker's Satchel and upgrading it, destroying all the items inside. I didn't notice the warning until after I upgraded as the warning was off screen of that chat window. I had assumed the quest to work "normally," asking Seeker Navin about the upgraded bag I'd assume he'd ask for the old one and give me the new one. I wasn't expecting the old bag and everything inside of it to just be instantly destroyed.

I petitioned about this and didn't get a response for a long time, after I had left the house, and when I tried to respond the GM was offline. Basically the response was "we won't do anything, get the codex again." This is kind of an issue as obtaining the Codex at my level (60 monk/shaman) isn't something I can simply go do again, I completed this with the aid of 6 others this morning and was quite happy to have this part completed. If the point of the quest is to see if you're able to defeat the War Engine, I don't understand why I'm being required to do this part over again. It should be easy to see that I had turned in the Codex prior and have the appropriate flag to give the new book to Gavin. I have the flag, so it should be simple for a GM to summon a replacement Codex for me, much simpler than gathering another force to take the mob down again. Basically, I completed the achievement but can't reap the rewards now.

The major issue that's preventing me from "sucking it up" and just trying to get a new Codex, is I'm not sure how the quest is coded. Once you turn in the original Codex to Navin, is the book he returns to you a different item ID from the original? If so, just obtaining another Codex from the War Engine isn't going to help me at all.

I do hope the Codex can be returned to me though as I feel this is the appropriate action to take. Again, I realize I should have been paying more attention but I feel like it was an easy mistake to make and shouldn't take too much time away from a GM to replace this for me.

Thank you.

The codex and books you get back are identical to the ones you hand him, so if you were to re-farm the items, you will be able to continue in the quest without problems down the line.

Getting the books, and beating the war machine, isn't really that bad. All you need is some hp's (hello aego) and some respectable resists (why more people don't aug that, I'll never know).
Give me a holler if I am online, I'll come help out.

Well yeah, last soloable step or whatever. The rest isn't on the wiki so I assume it's Ikisith raid stuff.

I resolved this so we can stop bumping this. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom