Is this working as intended?

eguna

Dalayan Beginner
First of all sorry about my poor english, ill try.

I just finished the enchanter starfall for the beguiling idol. Its effect is the spell mana sieve, which is great, but i just discovered it has a very loooong recast time. It has not the same recast time as the spell itself (its a 34 enchanter spell or something so) the recast seems to be about 5min with the idol.
Since it only drain 300 mana to a mob, and they have around 1500 mana (no idea really, but they have a lot more than 200) what is the point of actually using this?
I understand it would be owerpowered if u can click it one time, and again and again... but if u can only use it one time per fight... well... probably the mob will be dead (or you will be dead) no matter he has 200 mana more, or less...

Yestarday i grouped with a shamy, hes starfall was a 30% slow, and he was casting it on each mob we killed. That is a great starfall. Slowing with no mana cost, its cool. A effect for enchanter as for example giving haste (my haste spells take a lot of my mana 8/) would be very useful; i dont know, there is a lot of possible things; Or at least if the mana sieve would give me the mana i steal from the mob...

Well maybe im wrong or losing something, the devs of this game are great and maybe this is working as intended, but personally i think the recast time is way too much long.

Thx. :)

idk the exact details of this item (though my ench did have it once upon a time), but I'd guess that it's meant to be cast once per fight max. A mob with half or a third of the manapool will cast less spells - it's not like manadrain is useless unless the mob is entirely drained...

A mob with half or a third of the manapool will cast less spells -

Less spells because they have less mana? Or because they will have less mana to spend? Actually you kill the mobs fast (normal dungeon mobs), they normally die with still mana in their pools, so they will be casting untill they die, nm if they have 300 less of mana... i think.

Okay, maybe it works like this: The less mana it has in its pool, the fewer spells it attempts to cast, in an effort to conserve mana.

internet4pn.png

Also, 30% slow with short recast is much less powerful, because slow is either on or off. Casting it more often doesn't change how effective it is.

Mana drain, however, would be effective with a short recast on the same mob. Much more.

Back
Top Bottom