Is this allowed ?

Kainiff

Dalayan Adventurer
Can I Manaburn and use the suicide death nuke on 2 wizards then log 2 more in repeat until i run out of wizards ?

lol, its an interesting newb tactic... but I wouldn't see why this is illegal, but chances are if you actually kill something worthwhile it will get nerfed :) . And now my question in a villainous attempt to derail this post: how much does manaburn do?

Good idea except for the fact that there's a recast timer between uses of both and you'd still need a large number of properly AA'd wizards and someone to hold aggro between switching.

Which means it's really a sucky idea. Sarcasm, ha ha!

8 dark elf wizards invis to said mob~ camp all near the mob but not next to it, then move in fire off 1x mb and 1x suicide burn ~ wizard 1 dies but he shall be remembered~ wiz 2 does what wiz 1 just did and now the first wiz is camping ~ wiz 2 dies while wiz 3 on same account is loading in ~ wiz 3 fires while wiz 4 is loading in ~ repeat until all level 65 wiz with max crit aa,MB aa and suicide nuke aa are dead~

1> How much damage does mana burn do, on average?
2> How much damage does the suicide nuke do, on average?
(include crits, etc, in the above)
3> What is the regeneration rate on the mob you are fighting?
4> How fast can you switch characters and land another mana burn?

Damage done per wizard: (MB+SN-Regen*Switch)

If this is higher than the mob's HPs, you can kill the mob using this technique.

It is an interesting technique, in that it does not rely upon tanking, and the mob's DPS output is not important to how difficult it is to kill a mob.

With a top Wizard you might push out 15k damage on a Manaburn since it can't crit, then 7500 on a full AAed Lifefire. That's 22.5k per wizard, or 45k for two wizards. That means to kill an entry level raid mob, you'll need 4 top wizards, and you'll have to both gear and AA those 4 top wizards. Moreover, the mob will have regenned most of the lost HP back by the time the next two wizards are back in since mobs get huge out of combat regen.

It's so unfeasible I'll allow it on principle.

zodium said:
It's so unfeasible I'll allow it on principle.

In live, they had manaburn teams. Here:
sapper9ja.gif

Mission Accomplished.

a group of wizards + a group of warriors with 1 cleric ftw. 1 war per wiz. wiz 1 goes in and does his deal.. war then goes in roughly 20 seconds later and tanks for all he can then /s 11. then when time is right wiz 2 goes in. this of course requires a little more people but far more effective imo. and could cut down the cost of wizards a bit=) clr is there just to res the dead for the loots. i am not sure on mobs hps. but i assume if the 4 tops wizards worked together with a few good tanks... they could farm some decent gear.

Mana burn is not nerfed in pvp other than the general 50% damage reduction that all pvp DD spells get.

This is a problem however, as shurley can effectively kill any player in the game in 1 shot because her manaburn did 18000+ damage, which does 9000+ damage in pvp.

Oualawouzou said:
Just how many players play PvP outside of friendly duels anyway?...

I have wondered this as well? Does it mean the same thing here as on live when a person's name is red in color? Or does it mean something else?

Talamr said:
a group of wizards + a group of warriors with 1 cleric ftw. 1 war per wiz. wiz 1 goes in and does his deal.. war then goes in roughly 20 seconds later and tanks for all he can then /s 11. then when time is right wiz 2 goes in. this of course requires a little more people but far more effective imo. and could cut down the cost of wizards a bit=) clr is there just to res the dead for the loots. i am not sure on mobs hps. but i assume if the 4 tops wizards worked together with a few good tanks... they could farm some decent gear.

Nothing worthwhile, really. It'd be better to just bring a raid.

Manaburn does not work in PvP as of a few weeks ago.

thanx zodium

did u take harm touch into consideration as well?

i realize there is a low percentage of sod who are pvp enabled, but i find its best to know these things before a pvp battle, rather than after .

Ive been pvping by zek rules since 98 so its weird to me that cancel magic isnt allowed in pvp, but fear is ... so these r things I want to beforehand know for strategy purposes

thanx for "bear" ing with me zodium

We're not done messing with the PvP system yet. No explanations until then, it's formally in testing.

I am not Sam, I am Kainiff Cyclopshunter of Fennin Ro, "the result of 6 years of everquesting 8-60 hrs per setting every day of my life for the last 6 years." I am also an idiot that does not know how to post threads :)

O M G

The run on sentences in that blob of a paragraph made my eyes hurt. >.<
More puntuation please, and then I might try again to ready that post. :(

Back
Top Bottom