Is Guard of Mercy working as intended?

phroggonalog

Dalayan Master
Hello!

I would like to preface this by saying thanks to whoever created the Trial of Althuna quest for paladins in Newport -- it is in character, it is fun, the rewards are neat, and it addresses the need for more paladin questing =)

Guard of Mercy
[MAGIC ITEM][LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 14
Effect: Blessing of Light (Bash Proc, 40%)
STR: +5 STA: +5 WIS: +7
SV DISEASE: +10 SV POISON: +10
Critical Strike: +1%
Recommended level of 12.
WT: 4.0 Size:MEDIUM
Class: CLR PAL
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 2: empty

I am wondering of the bash proc on Guard of Mercy is working as intended: currently, it procs fine, but after it procs I am unable to cast my spell Blessing of Light...I guess the problem is that the spell itself has a 45 second cooldown, and when it goes off via proc the game considers the spell to be on cooldown even though I haven't cast it.

Is this working as intended? If so, fine! It's a fun shield. But I figured it might not be, which is why I posted here

That is how it works sadly. This would happen with the "old" ranger spire class bracer when it would proc Icerend. The proc would put Icrend on cooldown.

So what happens if it procs again before the 45 second timer wears off ? Will it cast the spell from the proc ?
Then with a 40% proc rate,assuming you can bash every ~5 seconds,you can get it to fire every ~12.5 seconds opposed to casting the spell manually every 45 seconds.
Would test it myself with my 25 or 55 Pally,but sadly the quest zone isnt loading for me.

The bracer would still proc even if the spell was on cooldown IIRC. That was a really long time ago. I have been playing this game far too long.

So what happens if it procs again before the 45 second timer wears off ? Will it cast the spell from the proc ?
Then with a 40% proc rate,assuming you can bash every ~5 seconds,you can get it to fire every ~12.5 seconds opposed to casting the spell manually every 45 seconds.
Would test it myself with my 25 or 55 Pally,but sadly the quest zone isnt loading for me.

It will indeed proc again even while on "cooldown" -- it is a cool and useful shield with that 40% proc rate! That being said, it would also be useful to be able to manually choose when to heal yourself with the spell every 45 seconds

Back
Top Bottom