incorrect spell descriptions

Gargate

Dalayan Elder
The spell immolate has this in the effects line "Requires a fire beetle eye to cast", it does not and that could confuse newer players.

I wonder if there are other errors.

Of course there are other errors.

I will filter my list on anything that has "Requires" and double check ones that require reagents, to see if there are more like this one in particular.

Thanks for the feedback. Its very appreciated.

Haynar

That spell had a non-consumeable reagent filled in the spells file. That is why the required portion was in the description. I will confirm with the devs, that this field is not used this way. It sounds like it isnt used.

Haynar

I confirmed that, although the field is there in the spells file, like on live, it does not require it to cast here. SoD does not use non-consumable spell reagents.

H

Perseverance has a description of "Spell Effect: ERROR: String not found. (41104)"

Fist of the Dawn has a description of "Spell Effect: Covers your target in blistering flames, causing 0 damage. This damage is more difficult to resist than most spells"

This one did make me laugh when I first saw it. Enticement of Flame does 360 damage btw

Anti-magic longsword mana drain proc says its a mana drain and stuns , Im Fairly certain there is no stun component to mana drain.

Anti-magic longsword mana drain proc says its a mana drain and stuns , Im Fairly certain there is no stun component to mana drain.

Yep. No stun. Updated for next push of description updates.

Thanks

Haynar

Spells with the effect 'Increase Reverse Damage Shield by x' bear the following related description, "healing anyone who attacks them." Reverse damage shields don't have this effect in SoD, instead they damage the entity afflicted by the spell a flat number of points every time that entity lands a melee blow.

Last edited:
Spells with the effect 'Increase Reverse Damage Shield by x' bear the following related description, "healing anyone who attacks them." Reverse damage shields don't have this effect in SoD, instead they damage the entity afflicted by the spell a flat number of points every time that entity lands a melee blow.

I know that SK spells work like that, and the enchanter frog spell, but doesn't Deific Brand actually do that healing thing? I'm not a cleric but that's what I've been told at least

I know that SK spells work like that, and the enchanter frog spell, but doesn't Deific Brand actually do that healing thing? I'm not a cleric but that's what I've been told at least

Deific Brand doesn't have a 'Increase Reverse Damage Shield by x' effect. It looks like it's an ordinary damage shield with a negative damage value.

The negative damage shield may be the healing one, rather than the reverse damage shield. There are a lot of spells to learn. Deific Brand would be one to check, to see if it does the healing thingy.

Haynar

I will have to find out more on sta spells. Do they affect how fast you recover too? Is the reduction in sta loss a percent? Or equivalent to a regen effect? Or what. I just would like it to be clearer what it does.

Haynar

All I know is what is in that thread, the info from the QA and what the 'official' web based spell parser shows.

It sounds like multiple effects could be present, including class dependent effects. I will try to get a better description when the dev's have time to answer some more specific details. But it sounds like you should have a spell like acumen up if using combat stances to make them last longer. And warriors have a specific benefit of recovering endurance faster from combat when effect is up too. Maybe other classes have benefits in endurance recovery?

no, sta regen spells do not increase how fast your stamina regens. they just reduce the amount of stamina loss while stanced

lowers endurance decay might work. warriors will figure it out

no, sta regen spells do not increase how fast your stamina regens. they just reduce the amount of stamina loss while stanced

lowers endurance decay might work. warriors will figure it out
If you do not want to contribute to fixing spell descriptions, then dont post in this thread.

Kk. Thx. Thx.

xoxoxoxo

perhaps you misunderstood my post, i am suggesting "lowers endurance decay" may be a good way to describe sta regen spells.

Back
Top Bottom