Ikisith Question Thread-

Are there going to be any high-end group kiting xp areas?
Specifically designed as so? No. But there will be high end outdoor zones, so if you think you can do it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this thread get more pink text?

I'm not even sure why I was listed :x

I was just being inclusive jeez.

Pink is the color of <3

I'm not very <3ful :x I do like pink though, in some cases :3

Will Ikisithian armed force AI be smarter than current group trash AI encounters?
As much as I'd love too, its unlikely we are going to be changing any base AI greatly. No need to explain why that is a ton of work. I would be ready for some... surprises as far as raid boss abilities are concerned though...

How will the continuance of the Main Quest compare to, say, the scope the Vah quest?
The MQ is amazing and an important aspect of Ikisith. But TM did amazing work on the Vah quest, and the MQ is unlikely to reach that scope any time soon... that being said you won't be disappointed in where it goes.

Any plans on using the old discipline system?

Like, the old once-per-hour-ish things that styles effectively replace and greatly improve upon? I'd say no. Unless you're talking about something post-Velious era I don't know about.

Since according the Blackscale themselves, their main goal is to retake Ikisith from Kaezul, will they play any role in the storyline?
The factions have important roles to play yet in Ikisith.

Also, will there be zones with deity restrictions on Ikisith? I have no idea if the Gods of Dalaya are on decent terms with Kaezul and I'm rather wondering if there's going to be any zones like First Ruins where select people just won't be able to hunt.
The Four have very little influence in Ikisith.

any chance there will ever be a use for charm? maybe some encounters will require it? (sad enchanter here)
Changes to charm are independent of the Ikisith expansion.

Are there any possibilities that we can see more class sets much like the Thaz Tower sets?

Most likely not although there will be a new kind of class defining quest.

Definitely not if I have anything to say about it. Pain in the ass enough already :x Although that's not to say that there couldn't be some class specific items...

are there any plans to implement more class specific quest lines, similar to the shaman mask and cleric lifeward that are already in game?

Class specific quests will be in place but not as you have previously encountered.

He can say that again! They are gonna be amazing though, if I humbly say so myself.

Will the tree's of the Kunark Zones still move? (and cause frame rate issues)?

I don't know that there's any way to stop them.

The Kaezulian logging company is working on the issue.

Will there be encounters in the faction quest requiring a raid of only chars of the faction you are on? Like a blackscale raid.

Can't speak for the others, but I've played with this idea and various ones like it. Short answer, not very likely.

can you give us any spoilers on how production is going?
Woldaff developed a drinking problem after finishing his first few zones. I developed a drinking problem after having to delete and redo over 500 pathing mobs. Zae developed a drinking problem after realizing who was in charge of itemization for the entire expansion. Also at least 3 devs and coders have died or gone made trying to get to where we are today.

Wers dun abut 25% of *hic* the wey.

Such lies. I developed my drinking problem out of boredom while waiting for more mobs needing items!

will new loot from ikish trivialize old content?
We are working VERY hard to avoid Live/WoW syndrome of total content obsoletion, and many measures are being taken to minimize this. That being said, moving up a tier of content will always make lower tier content easier.

Lenny the Gargantuan will be soloable by a rogue.

Will there be a continuation of 6-man raid zones, ala CMal, Cata and Emberflow? (But please, for the love of god don't make them like Emberflow)
You have not found seen the end of the 6 man raid zones.

Does the wording in the answer imply there are currently existing unfound 6 man zones?

You have not found - Something new to find exists? Meaning there is another 6 man zone to be found in the old world?

Secondary question to that, is there more to find in the old world and if so any hints at what it may be before we wander into Ikisith?

Typo, don't read into that. Sorry for any confusion there. Meant to say You havenot seen the end of 6 man raid zones. That isn't to say that there aren't still unknown items and/or quests still to be found in some remote parts of the old world...

will there be spells added that are only used in specific zones, similar to the enchanter thaz mez, and the spells for CoD?

Most likely, yes.

Will the new tomes be involved in encounters? Example a specific tome being required to have been maxed for it (speaking that earlier there is a chance of tomes giving abilities or skills)?

Tomes being required as in "You can not hope to do the high end content without having a good number of tomes under your belt" yes. As "You must have XXX done to do this encounter" most likely not.

Are there any plans for quested key entrance zones? I'm not talking about kill a mob and get a key,
(emberflow, prison, etc.) but I'm thinking more along the lines of lives VP key quest, VT key quest, or even the much simpler howling stones key.

There are some 'keys' that will prove... complicated to get. But it won't be anything even remotely as annoying as VT.

shared minds

are there any plans to change shared minds aa in iksith release, and/or make shared minds work?

Stupid Shared Mind... Shared Mind is on the extensively long list of changes for the coding 'team' to do, and will be released independent of the Ikisith expansion.

will there be a solo-able "epic" quest for items? (with crazy rare spawns or insane rare drops)

and will there be solo-able exp zones? (not the total zone but say the first area maybe the first 1/3 or the zone).

oh and also, will there be 6-man raid mobs scattered in different zones that test people like Cmal4.2 did?

Will Ikisithian armed force AI be smarter than current group trash AI encounters?
As much as I'd love too, its unlikely we are going to be changing any base AI greatly. No need to explain why that is a ton of work. I would be ready for some... surprises as far as raid boss abilities are concerned though...

How will the continuance of the Main Quest compare to, say, the scope the Vah quest?
The MQ is amazing and an important aspect of Ikisith. But TM did amazing work on the Vah quest, and the MQ is unlikely to reach that scope any time soon... that being said you won't be disappointed in where it goes.

speaking of the main quest, will it still be completely soloable?
It shouldn't go above 1 group.

Will there be new TMap spots and loot in Ikisith?
Tmaps specifically... not exactly...

Back
Top Bottom