I think I broke the Main Quest :(

malos89

Dalayan Beginner
While attempting to get my Gemstone of the Seeker (second to last MQ aug) I got to the part about joining a faction. I told Tesia about each of the factions and then immediately went and joined the Council of Innovation without talking to Hannia first (this is what is causing the problems, I assume). I completed the Heartland CoI quests and got my assistant's badge, but could not talk to Researcher Delig about meeting the great Dryad. I figured I needed a higher rank so I did the Storm Sea quests and got my Senior Assistant's bade, and that's where I am at.

Researcher Delig still only has one dialogue option, asking him about the excavation. Hannia only says "What do you wish of me, outlander?" with no dialogue options. Tessia only tells me where her sisters are. Did I miss something, or did I break something?

side note: Props on the heartland quests (and overall on the MQ) to whomever deserves them. It really got me wondering what would happen if the goblins actually did attack the various factions.

-Manos

Talk to the person who is supposed to send you to the heartlands.

It appears based on the dialogue options that you havent been sent, so have no idea what to say when you get there.

As Ikaa says, i would retrace my steps and speak to High speaker and others to see if I am flagged properly for heartlands. Also as a note, once you get to the step of gathering robot books etc, i would make a list of whom you are supposed to speak to at the end of each step. its easy to forget and the NPC responses are not necessarily helpful.

For example, the seeker in UC will tell you to take all texts to the high seeker but you are really supposed to give her the 4 books and take just the one off the war engine to Gavin. After that, there is a some back and forth to erimal for flagging purposes. Missing a flag will cause you to lose time going back to erimal if you don't have a porter.

Very accurate responses, thanks folks. Turns out I had only done one of the two required VoE quests. Of course the alignment one wouldn't count... it was too easy. I was trying to do the quests without looking at the wiki too much... hehe. Spoke to the High Seeker, conked some various citizens and got the dialogue I needed.

Thanks again. Question answered, thread can be closed/deleted. I have my Gemstone of the Seeker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom