I know you americans mostly won't care, but....

Nwaij

Dalayan Pious Diety
image-724381-galleryV9-pawe.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I was mostly rooting for Argentina in the final, but there's no doubt that this German squad is the best in the world. Incredibly talented group of players.

Well deserved for the Germans. I am glad the Mexicans didn't win. Actually Mexico lost both matches. Le Oranje and Germany won it all!

Giving just my thoughts:
Brazil(Mexico) had one of the worst teams this WC. The only reason they made it where they did is Fifa ref corruption. Chili & Columbia BOTH should have easily beat them, but nooooooo....lame calls by the refs kept those teams from moving forward.

Argentina(Mexico) played just like they play EVERYTIME....they have an old team and even the not so old players suck. They play like crap and the only thing they had going was their crappy defense which happened to be lucky several times in the final. They pushed the limits of the refs and there should have been about 3 red cards for blatant fouls, including the one 3 minutes in to the match. That WAS a red card foul. Luckyly the Ref was a good one.....very good actually.

All in all I loved every game and if you haven't guessed, yes, I do not like any team south of the USA. Their play style doesn't agree with me at all.

AND! I love watching mexicans cry. HA!

The USA's style of play is very similar to other South American teams, except we have zero strikers and give the ball away a lot more in midfield.

Wouldn't really label Argentina's defense as "crappy". They only trailed for 7 minutes of regular time the entire tournament. It's certainly not the most attractive brand of football, but wahh wahh they rode it all the way to the WC final. But yeah it sucks they don't have anything else going for them. Those dudes Messi and Aguero and Di Maria and Higuain should prob just retire.

Wouldn't really label Argentina's defense as "crappy". They only trailed for 7 minutes of regular time the entire tournament. It's certainly not the most attractive brand of football, but wahh wahh they rode it all the way to the WC final. But yeah it sucks they don't have anything else going for them. Those dudes Messi and Aguero and Di Maria and Higuain should prob just retire.
Yeah. Can't tell if those comments are just racist, or show a really ignorant view of the game. BTW, the Mexicans, the ones that are actually from Mexico, played very well.

Yeah. Can't tell if those comments are just racist, or show a really ignorant view of the game. BTW, the Mexicans, the ones that are actually from Mexico, played very well.

Your comment about the real Mexicans from Mexico is spot on. Even though my statement above suggests otherwise, I was cheering for Mexico, except when they played Netherlands. Then I was cheering for the Dutch.

CharmCityKing,
Argentina's team was NOT good. Yes, they made it to the finals, but they play that crap every World Cup. The ONLY reason the Dutch lost is because they played the worst match they've played in the whole tournament. Take it from me when I say this. Germany would be in a much worse spot if the Dutch pushed through. It is what it is, and it's over now, but overall I really enjoyed 2014 WC...MUCH BETTER than the last. Stupid Africans and their damn horns! That was so annoying.

EDIT: You are right about retirement....

Last edited:
Simpsons nailed it. Soccer is less exciting to watch than golf. GOOOOOOOOLLLLF!

I understand man....love of the real football is not shared in North America at all. I actually hate watching Golf, but I like playing it! Watching Soccer is not always fun. But if you pay attention to it, you'll see that some teams just have great foot work, passes and certain players can just dribble and run like the wind. It takes skill to kick a ball and place it just right so your teammate can boot it hard in to the net.

Anyway, funny statement! :)

The Dutch lost because Sergio Romero and Javier Mascherano played like absolute heroes and kept the Argies in the game.

Just because their football isn't attractive doesn't make Argentina a bad team. Ask Jose Mourinho about defense-minded, counter-attacking footie. He plays with the same system and has won major trophies at every club he's ever managed.

Oh and my comment about retirement was sarcastic. Messi is the best player in the world, Aguero is arguably Top 5 and Di Maria was the MOTM in the champs league final. They have a lot going for them; I hope to see them win it all in 2018. It would really cement Messi's legacy.

Messi......lmao. NO! Maybe 5 or 10 years ago he was great. He's old. You need to wake up from your 80s and 90s dream. Argentina hasn't had a good team since then. lol....funny saying those guys are the best in the world. ....pfffftt hahahahaha....thanks man. You just made my day.

And on a side note, no matter what team it is. I believe NO one loses because of penaties. They only defeat themselves. Think about it....losing 1 to nil is one thing, going to full time and penaties are taken....that's not losing. That is a keeper guessing lucky twice.

Messi......lmao. NO! Maybe 5 or 10 years ago he was great. He's old. You need to wake up from your 80s and 90s dream. Argentina hasn't had a good team since then. lol....funny saying those guys are the best in the world. ....pfffftt hahahahaha....thanks man. You just made my day.

You're the reason the rest of the world thinks Americans are retards when it comes to football. You obviously watch soccer once every four years when the USA makes the WC.

May God have mercy on you and anyone else who might share your sentiment regarding Lionel Messi.

On a serious note. You need to wake up and smell the rest of the world when it comes to football. Claiming Messi is the best player in the world is a joke to almost ALL football fans, except for Argentina fans.

You dismiss so many other greats in football with that statement. I couldn't tell you with a serious face that Arjen Robben is the best footballer in the world....I couldn't. Do I love his foot work, yes, do I think he is better than Messi, yes, but saying he is the greatest is going way to far.

Look, having a disagreement about this or that is one thing, but boldly stating a farse and standing up and admitting it isn't going to get you far in life.

All in all, you are good man. I enjoy talking to another football fan, but I really didn't mean to jab you if that's how you feel.

Just so you know, God does have mercy on a work place friend I have. He was born and lived in Germany for years. He LOVES football from around the world and I shared with him your statement. He is on the same page that I am. So...no...I know I am not alone on saying that Messi is old, he's washed up and will NEVER EVER fill the shoes that Diego Maradona wore during his hayday. Messi is just another player with fast legs and great foot work, but not better than everyone in the world.

Did you watch the final? Did you see Messi's face while holding the Golden Ball award? Ya? Guess what, he looked disappointed because he knows he didn't deserve it. He's a big name ....that's all he is. His ability to distribute the ball throughout the match was decent at best. He was better in his youth...of course he was...he had fresh legs back then. Now he's struggling with a single defender....

Arjen Robben doesn't struggle with 3 defenders....dont' believe me? Watch reruns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom