I am a Flat-Dalayaer

lemonhead

Dalayan Adventurer
So, I've been making some astronomical observations and would like to share my findings.

a. Alael, our star, rises at the exact same time everywhere on Dalaya, east and west. Also, Alael always rises straight above, north and south. Ptolemy would agree: This implies a flat Dalaya.

b. Alael always sets at the same time as the other large round Object in the sky rises. The only way this is possible is that the Object is of similar mass and size as Alael and at the same distance. We must exist in the quazi-stable orbit between the 2, the Elemental One constantly nudging Dalaya to stay there.

OR the object is at the Lagrange point, the object being nudged to hold.

c. The stars are fixed to the position of Alael and the large object, never changing. This means Dalaya must be rotating as Alael and The Object and The Stars are fixed by some force. Or perhaps we are at the center of a kind of snow globe and the pricks of light are holes from a source unknown.

d. There is a lack of eclipses. This mean Alael and the object are far away and very large or Dalaya very small.

Note: this is very much a work in progress. All Dalayosophers, please weigh in.

If Elael rises at the same time and same position north, south, east, and west, wouldn't that actually imply that Dalaya is a single point?

Lemonhead: There’s a reason wizard’s do “planar” travel. Dalaya, too, is part of a plane. In math, planes are flat. So....

Wollywack: That only holds if it’s EXACTLY the same time. If your measurements have any error whatsoever, then you can’t have that conclusion. Any slight discrepancy would allow for an extremely distant Elael and a flat Dalaya instead.

Now, I’m no flat-Dalaya believer, but I’m definitely a skeptic. I don’t know of anyone ever circumnavigating Dalaya. I don’t remember anyone ever traveling to the moon. I did visit Malath’s Lands of Magic over 50 years ago and vaguely remember certain long-forgotten views there, but that only might convince me a flat Dalaya is circular. Wouldn’t a spherical Dalaya have more notable ocean currents due to the Coriolis effect?

I’d say there’s a ton of evidence that Dalaya may be flat. What evidence do we have it’s not?

You're neglecting an observable phenomenon that greatly affects the model. The sun doesn't move if you stay in an area, but if you leave and re-enter that area the sun will have moved appropriately with time. This means that spacetime in Dalaya is subjective and relativistic.

Back
Top Bottom