How was season one? (And General Population Info)

Expletus

Dalayan Elder
Missed out on season one, didn't find out about it till it was already a few months in so decided to skip it since the initial rush was already over. How many people showed up for it and/or stuck around to the end? Was the population good? How easy was it to get groups for both leveling and endgame content? We're there any new players at all or was everyone an existing vet just rolling threw it on an alt?

Haven't played SoD in over 5 years, how's the new client? Never tried it out but i have checked the population numbers over the years on the eqemu forums and it seems like the server never goes above 70 in pop even during peak hours? Any specific reason the server population died out? I remember back in the CW/Exodus/FWF era when it averaged around 200-250 a night compared to now.

TLDR: I'm just testing the waters to see if i want to return for season 2 or not, looking for some information on how the game has changed in the last 5 years.

How many people showed up for it and/or stuck around to the end?
We hit a new record for EQemu who all at launch. I think about 210 people. Season 1 was a test pilot and was 3 months long. It started to die out at 2 months. Some players were going hard to raid content.
We're there any new players at all or was everyone an existing vet just rolling threw it on an alt?
There were a lot of new players. Already for season 2 we have seen a large spike in new players joining the discord. I can’t speak for finding groups because I grouped with my brothers for season 1. We had 7 people, and just raided 1. Didn’t allow for PuGing.

I think the transition to the seeds client was not good. I’ve only heard stories so not sure the exact details. Every staff member is mostly new from back then, so basically new direction.

You can jump into our discord and “read the room”. A lot of players mostly are discussing Season 2 at the moment, might help make your decision.

There were a lot of new players, and a lot of alts. It was a mix of we want to rush to be top tier ASAP and we want to experience the game. Adding in the ability to do adepts (not available season 1) and do Ikisith (not available season 1) will increase.

The population decline is more in the buff changes than the client change. It's a major change that lots are still not happy about, but YMMV, because it makes some buff classes actually valued in groups.

Back
Top Bottom