How to Color Code Your Raid Window

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
This is a feature that many do not realize exists. Your raid window can be color coded such that each class may be assigned a custom color of your choosing! This is advantageous because it allows the player to tell at a glance which classes or class archetypes are represented in each group or in the raid as a whole. It is particularly useful for those who often find themselves utilizing the raid window for out-of-group targeting (such as an Enchanter casting Boon of the Garou on melee characters or a Druid casting an emergency GHoT on another group).

Here is what mine looks like:

CustomRaidWindow_zpsdd7fa9ba.jpg

To do this, simply open your raid window and click the "Options" button therein. The following window will pop up:

CustomRaidOptionsWindow_zpsdeab3fb8.jpg

All classes will initially appear in white text. Clicking any class brings up a tint window identical to the one used in defining custom armor dye values. From there, simply assign whatever color you like to each class. Do not forget that the color presets that the client suggests are also only a faction of the possibilities when it comes to coloring with RGB values.

As can be seen in my example, I color code according to each class's role on a raid:

• Red for the three tanks.
  • Blue for the three healers.
  • Orange for melee DPS (Bard excluded).
  • Green for caster DPS (Enchanter excluded).
  • Yellow for Bard (because they are oddballs).
  • Pink for Enchanter (because they are also oddballs).

I hope some of you find this helpful. :)

raid2.jpg

This is how mine looked like - different colors per class, not just per archetype. (Paladins in white, Beastlords in bright red)

Good post Grinkles! That is one of those things that is so elementary to most raiders that they forget to mention it to newbs. It is a huge time saver and makes really important things like group organization a snap.

I like/use archetype breakdowns as well, though a little more simplified:

Tanks
Healers
Melee DPS
Ranged DPS
Bard/Enchanter

To me giving individual classes a color more or less defeats the purpose of color coding (though when I played monk they were their own color under the "puller" archetype which was probably vanity) and dps all get a similar color because more often then not they are functionally the same. To each their own.

I've always used This on live since it was very helpful to keep raids organized when leading a crew of 54.

My breakdown has always been:

Tanks
Healers
Melee DPS
Caster DPS
Bard/Enc

hey all im new here and dont see a feature for downloading this. where should i click for downloads?

There's no need for any custom download because this function is built into the client itself. Simply open your raid window with Alt + R, then click on the Options button to begin coming up with your own color coding scheme. :)

EDIT: Unless, of course, you're talking about downloading the game in general. If this is the case, you'll want to consult this wiki article. I have anchored that link to the Steam method because that is the easiest these days since the game is free to download. Should you not want to bother with Steam, you can download the client from the official EverQuest site, though I believe this method involves setting up a so-called Station Account (which you will never again use after acquiring the game). In the future, you should create a new thread for requests like this instead of posting in an unrelated thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom