How should you spend exp?

Ok, there is a difference between raiding high end and raiding tier 8-10. Nobody is saying "take away competition!" I was just suggesting that we increase spawns so guilds can attempt to get access into newer zones, and maybe perhaps......progress?

I've thought of something to soak up EXP for players who have very little left to put exp towards. After the 8th hour of playing in a day you have to unlock extra hours of play by buying them with exp.

binding items that exp and when full can be used to summon a mob. Exp required increases with tier.

Buffs is not a bad idea. I think the list sold thread gave me an idea that you should be able to set your character as a stall and sell buffs when afk.

Although 1million exp per tier to spawn a mob doesn't sound like a bad idea.

1 mil is way toow. I was thinking 10s to 100s of mil. I can farm 1mil exp in an hour solo or boxing no problem. Imagine 18+ people farming T the same time.

Very true, would be even more amazing if 6 man names were included in this to help get those super highly contested mobs.

Very true, would be even more amazing if 6 man names were included in this to help get those super highly contested mobs.

I personally disagree I feel like 6 man are supposed to be like REALLY contested for that's why their loot is so good. I feel like they are meant to be like the bah mobs but ultimately its up to the devs. Either way I really hope something like this is implemented. Very little bad and so much good can come from this!

Why should a 6 man be any different from a "raid" mob of anything if the respawn timer is lower (3 days instead of 5) would in theory be less contested.

Why should a 6 man be any different from a "raid" mob of anything if the respawn timer is lower (3 days instead of 5) would in theory be less contested.

im not saying that they are im just saying what i think the dev's wanted them to be.

If you run out of tomes to do and have done literally every tome in-game or at least all buyable 1/2s there should be a friendly reminder each time you log in to go outside.

I don't think there really needs to be anything to put exp into once you have completely finished all tomes, though I guess having little perks like spending unused exp to res someone could be a cool gimmick for the less than 5 players who have so many tomes done that they would put exp into that.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with the tome system other than experience gain being nerfed to the point where the gulf between established players and newer players is enormous (this is bad because people eventually stop playing games like this and then raid guilds are left with their dicks in their hands trying to replace that person).

There is nothing really wrong with someone having a shit ton of tomes done and not being able to do any more. Maybe they have autism and always need to be doing something they perceive as improving their character? Who knows.

I'm like 99% sure that xp to plat will get a massive thumbs down, but it deserves its day in court.

Also what about spending xp like a fame-point buy for a seperate list of no-drop consumable or clicky-with-charge items?
Possibly examples:
Something like the Tiny Statue of Ritual Burial or w/e for FD
Minor Illusion/Shapeshift
A reverse ressurection item that ports you to your last corpse without clearing xp debt
Food/drink with stat/save increases

Vah banners (this should spark some interest, good bad or other)...you'd be required to have the original banner/flag/whatever, but could summon a single charge (or whatever number of charges, hell make the charges stack) copy of a banner so you could carry useable versions of different banners without obliterating your bag space. (i.e. I'm wearing my final Vah back but I've got 2 charges of Sraen Banner in my ammo slot)

Ammo slot proc items with charges
Gate necks to odd places with charges
Speed of the Wind clickers with charges
No-rent special effect augs (like searfires/misc worn buffs)
No-rent worn illusions (like halloween masks)
No-rent pet gear

I'm harping mostly on charges b/c it IS a completionist game, etc etc, and eventually there is nothing left to obtain other than consumables.

Deity spec %

Also I don't know if it's possible or not, but while we're looking at spending xp, are we looking at giving toons something to do with all those unspent AAs they racked up and can't do anything with?

On the non-consumable end, I'd like to suggest type 8 aug alternatives (for those who don't have deity augs in/don't want to do their deity aug quest), an extra vah pole(!!!!!), charm credit (again, the xp-for-plat issue, but it's no-drop plat, and as a plat sink, let's face it, charms are the purpose for farming, it's a self-perpetuating plat cycle, not a sink)

EDIT: Also stylish pet summoners, or clickers to illusion your pet into something really cool like a little dragon or some other neat model.

Last edited:
I'm posting on my phone at work so I'll try to be short.

Let me first say, I think turning in exp to spawn a named is a terrible idea. I foresee a lot of problems that could come of it.

I thought having arrows (I'm a ranger so I always think about me first) mana pots, hp pots being purchased from exp was a good idea for about two seconds until I thought about how the only way people who do tradeskills make money is from these items.

If there is really a problem with people running out of things to put exp in; the fix is rather simple. Make rank 3 and 4 general tomes easier to obtain. There opus tomes have a lot of problems with the way they are now dealt with. They are rare and it's hard to get "good" ones to even drop much less fight 17 other people for them. Why not just put in a way to buy "ghetto" opus that are the same as the opus that drop in raid zones today however they take double the amount of exp to fill. That way if you get an opus from the current way they drop there is still a benefit. The new opus need to have more restrictions then the normal ones do now so they actually fix this problem of running out of tomes. Just make it so the person needs to have 50 or so tomes done, or better yet just make it so you can't put exp into them until you have finished every rank 1 and 2 tome you can currently buy.

The only other thing I can think of that wouldn't be lame and broken is turning in exp for charm credit. That way people who are farming for charms can just join good exp groups and be able to get closer to their charm at the same time.

New content and quests would be a pretty good way to "spend exp".

For me, and I'm guessing for the few that have experienced all of the current content and filled all of the exp books they can, the thrill of this game is seeing new stuff and ultimately conquering said stuff.

What I really mean is, I feel like there are way bigger fish to fry.

I would turn exp in for one time use abilities, potions, or charm credit. Or race/gender changes. I would like to use exp least of all to fill tomes that marginally increase some niche aspect of what your class is able to do, or to nominally increase something that your class sucks at anyway. I don't think my character is much better off at 47 tomes than it was at 10 tomes.

Here is the thing about times, tomes 1-5 are super op, codex of power are amazing, the times 5-20 are very nice small upgrades or nice cool anilities or some casses pretty nice power. Anything over about tome 20 can be a few more or less pending the class is just kinda nice or to fluff ones time count.

Non Droppable tomes will come into play after about 20 tomes and they are pretty nice but again give pretty small upgrades.

For an example one of the most beneficial classes for tomes is a wizard: can get 2% crit from Evo tome 2% crits from mind and then 2%? Of each type of elental damage. This the difference between a 5 time wizard and a 20 tome wizard is about 6% increase in dps if my memory and math is correct. They get a bigger impact from crits due to
Primals and ults but still a fairly small relative difference. A beast lord should be able to add more than that from just cunning alone.

a mysterious tome you can buy for 50k and then after putting 50 mil xp into it, it turns into a random opus

You could also let us put exp into class tomes that are already in game but not implemented.

There is a lot of quick easy fixes to this "I'm running out of exp" problem.

Even the mysterious opus idea isn't too bad so long as it couldn't give you a tome you already have.

Back
Top Bottom