hl undercaverns is literally aids

Esquire

Dalayan Beginner
I'm trying to finish MQ. I get that the ridiculousness of the robots is supposed to be part of the challenge here, but we could adjust the agro radii down a bit, especially deeper in the zone? No other 60ish exp mobs agro like these damn robots do, and paired with the gflux/shadowstep and counterspell, mean you either need to come down at a level where the zone is utterly trivial or bring a full group, the latter of which is pretty much impossible to put together given the population status and the aforementioned aids-ness of the zone in general.

the way the books are broken up in the zone means that if you wipe (because stupid seemingly totally unpredictable things happen and the bots see invis) it takes an eternity to get back down. please and thank you for your consideration.

inb4 "make friends", "you don't have to do MQ", "you must be bad", etc etc

diagnosis%20aids%20250.jpg

Same here if you need a hand can hit me (Airek) up in game and we can get you what you need from there. I did it a long time ago duo with a T0 SK/Clr but that was 2.0 and maybe the issues you're speaking off didn't really exist then. Either way, I've roflstomped that stuff in 2.5 and would be happy to help.

Honestly the artificial roadblock of all robots seeing through invis/hide should go away. It just requires people killing things far below their level to slow the pace of the quest. Maybe when we had 300 people logging on and a good chunk of them trying to do their MQ, but really, that's like... 9 years ago?

Spore fever is also utter bullshit for that level. It absolutely requires you to either invis past all mushrooms or have someone who can cure disease in your group. No big deal right? Maybe not when there were groups.

Are we so worried someone will creep into HLUC and farm the droppables there? Not so much. Let's get rid of the see invis stuff so people can fight what they need to fight in there and not treat the zone like it's some sort of no tier raid.

I personally boxed my 55 warrior and my 65 scrub of a druid (less than 200 AA's and no ancients/relics) and got everything I needed there (yes even the war engine piece). It's not a hard zone, but it's pretty annoying if you need to solo there.

I mean there kind of is an important lore thing with the whole anti-magic aspect of the robots.

And there just comes a point in this game where you need help doing stuff -- it doesn't seem terribly unreasonable that getting the high seeker aug is a thing you'd need help with.

So, the zone needs to be make easier because one part of the main quest might require you to group with other people?

How I see it: it was silly for the developers of the MQ / Faction quests to think people would do these quests as they were leveling. More often than not you are already 65 now being forced to kill green cons.

If anything about this zone should be changed:

1) The mobs levels should be increased so every robot is a blue con (at least past the fungus area). More exp is always nice. Nothing amazing but something that would possibility reward others for helping. Even just hoping the zone bonus would help.

2) A bit more money from the zone would also be nice. I recall no money dropping from the robots at all, possibility for lore reasons, and the loot that does drop isn't even worth picking up. A bit of money would, again, reward people for helping others complete their MQ.

3) The upgrades to the quest rewards should be improved. The BP reward should be made a lot better to reward you for doing side quests. Most quest loot in the game is lacking and it would be cool to be given some armor you would actually use as you're doing your main quest.

Possibly change the bag to some other piece of armor. Would be cool to have an item per archetype. Then later have the ability to upgrade it.

I agree with making them dark blue. The hardest part of this zone was having to deal with the fact that damage shield doesn't proc on cripple bitch baby mobs.

Also spore fever is garbage. I wouldn't mind it if there was incentive to kill most of the shit but outside the offense cape for some turbo nerd it sucks.

Yeah I could get behind making the robots all dark blue at 65. If you can't invis past the garbage at least make the murder worthwhile. :) Also agree with improving the BP reward. Does anyone ever take any reward other than the WR bag? It seems like the only one that maintains its benefit for any amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom