High Tier Raid quirks

Melodico

Dalayan Elder
This is a list of things that could use adjusting to firm up mechanics of a few fights.

Lets acknowledge a few things first:
These suggestions have probably been discussed in some format previously.
2.5 is taking priority, and that's understood. This conversation is not mutually exclusive.
This is a working list, please feel free to contribute thoughts & ideas.

Blazewind

Ash adds can spawn outside of the WW circle. This is problematic for a number of reasons:
Melee can't get to them, the terrain can hide them (rocks), they stay up into further phases.

Changing the spawn mechanic to only spawn them within the circle makes sense so that attempts don't auto fail due to lingering AEs that the raid can not get rid of, when intent is that they can influence the AE potential.

Projection

Drake adds can glitch and not despawn. This is notably problematic because they are perma invuln. A simple change to this is to allow them to be damaged. Once bugged and not despawning, they become much easier to engage (read: melee) however the only point to that would be if you could kill them.

This wouldn't change the intent of the adds on the fight, as they despawn relatively quickly if you act accordingly (no one's suddenly going to try and kill them unless they bug). Also, this issue commonly results in staff assistance, and while you guys are awesome, we bug you enough as is.

Kara`Kadar

Eddies "punt" box is relatively small. Increasing it, specifically the Z axis compenent, would be a huge help.
As a gnome skeleton I loath the chance of being named because it takes me forever to "hit" the target area to be punted, even when aiming for the dead center.

A slight increase in the target area for eddies will not change any strat or intent of this fight, it will simply reflect that if you move as intended, you get "rewarded" by not imploding. It can be frustrating in current format that even when responding, you still implode due to mechanic limitations.

- Pazms

Last edited:
I don't see how the proposed change to projection would work out. I don't think that is a good or viable change. A better change might be to the mob coding, or add in a hp drain to them so they die eventually regardless, but not due to players.

As for kk, just be an ogre skeleton
#stratleaks

Leaving mobs up that are kos and invulnerable in an area that is used to kill two bosses is not working as intended.
We can agree that current format is not ideal.
You suggest a hp drain, fine I don't care how, the point is invulnerable mobs that don't despawn are a problem.
We shouldn't have to deal with adds from projection while killing taeshlin.
Furthermore, this change would prevent staff intervention in the future.

Your kk suggestion doesn't work for necros as Lich is an illusion.
Also a raid full of ogres swimming in a fight that requires positioning is a horrible strat.

Last edited:
My kk suggestion was more tongue-in-cheek than serious.

I feel like changing the invincibility on the drakes will change the encounter, but agree that is breaks often enough to get some sort of attention.

The projection thing seems simple enough to fix in the script, although it is a marza mob so the script is probably unnecessarily complicated for the sake of being complex. If blazewind adds work the way i think they do, they spawn directly under blazewind then shadowstep a random distance/direction away. The adds being outside the circle isnt that big of a deal and changing it to not do that is probably much more trouble/tedious than its worth. I've only ever seen/heard of an add getting stuck in the rock last night, and something about the engage/trigger was bugged or somebody fucked up and casted on it early, (it ported to its spot about 1/3 of the way through its path, and also had a double emote for when its triggered.)

Back
Top Bottom