hey

Ionix Dulak

Dalayan Beginner
I'm patching full now, but I just found this server today. played on Edge of Insantiy emu but am leaving due to lag, cool server though. trying to find if I can xfer my characters to this one. I played live for years on zek, hope to see you guys later. also, someone flame me please about character xfers and if they might be possible?
-Ionix.

hah

thanks figured as much. logged in for the first time, server rocks, whoever put this together deserves a high paying job somewhere developing something we all drool over for months and then later get addicted to. flipping brilliant. very confusing to me, as i'm from what I guess is the "old school" now, origional VZ, no expantion, whatever. anyway, incredibly good job, i'm definately intrigued. thank you.
I do have a question though, on one of the rules... I am working behind a cable modem, we have a router to dish out connections to 3 or 4 pc's here, I dual box, I have friends that want to play now... here it is: if they play, am I going to get banned? if they're watching for multiple IP's, won't that happen? if i'm dual boxxing and my friends log in too... maybe I dont understand the router well enough. I dont want to get kicked right off the bat!
anyone know?
-Ionix.

I think they go by how the char's are played to tell if its more then one person playing them and the MAC address that is burnt into your modem/NIC card to see if its more than one comupter.

Other than that I don't know really.

Welcome to SoD =)

okay, so if i'm playing 2 accnts and my friend logs in on his laptop, we're good. that's cool, we like to game together and I think he's into SoD, he hasn't made the move yet though.
thanks for the info

We have ways of knowing if you're more than one person, but it's a huge boon to simply tell us beforehand.

but it IS legal for me to dual box right? i mean as long as it's just two? i'm not on for very long per day at this point and if i dont pick up my own group I jsut dont have one. I thought I read the rules right, but I definately need to know before I geti n trouble.

Rule #11 states very clearly:

Two children, and only two
No more than two clients are allowed to be played by the same person at the same time. Different computers or the same does not matter. You are allowed to dual-client/comp, you are just not allowed to tri-client/comp.

Back
Top Bottom