Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends and DoTA

phroggonalog

Dalayan Master
Been playing a lot of this recently, was wondering what general starting items people preferred and why...healing pots vs. tree tabs, mana pots, chickens, creep axes, life/mana tubes, etc etc. I've personally been liking tree tabs less and less, but maybe I'm just gunning too hard and going through HP too fast.

I have it, but I stopped playing once I started SoD back in november...since a lot of people on here play i might get back into it. My name was my forum name with -s instead of _s

edit: nm my two names were jew`nose`it and slavery_lol :D

Last edited:
Tree vs healing pot depends on character. If it's a low health character, I use trees. If I have a character where I go for stats and expect to reach 600-700 health before I need it, then I go for healing pot. Same deal in dota.

Tree vs healing pot depends on character. If it's a low health character, I use trees. If I have a character where I go for stats and expect to reach 600-700 health before I need it, then I go for healing pot. Same deal in dota.

thanks for clarifying situations for me

Pots are also good if you plan on depending on harassing a lot to win your lane. Since consumables are really only useful in the first 20 minutes of the game thats all you need to think about. If I solo mid and plan on harassing alot, or am the melee carry in a tough lane, nothing is nicer than harassing your lane down to red HP, then using pots and being full mana/hp again while they're using tangoes.

I would also advise buying branches and some +6str +3 +3 thingies for 99% of all heroes

OH yeah also axes work on denies(idk maybe they nerfed it tho...i hope they did), so get one on a melee hero and abuse the fuck out of them

Such a great game. Am I alone in saying Zephyr can be an ugodly carry now with the new changes? We should get a clan going for SoD HoN players imo. Have yet to play with anyone here that plays HoN :(

so HoN went retail... I play on jew`nose`it if anyone wants to get a game going.

On a side not i keep trying to whisper people with /t instead of /w :( stupid EQ

I started playing League of Legends instead. I like it better. It's simpler in some way, and you can make ability power items that means that casters carry much better into end-game than in DotA and HoN.

LoL looks interesting, I might give that one a try, though I'm probably not aggressive enough to do well. That was always my problem in RTS's.

I am way too aggressive in LoL and it makes me really good at low elos and hilariously bad at high ones.

I'm Qlarence on LoL if anyone wants to play a match sometime, though I'm rarely on anymore.

I been dicking around with LoL lately, to me there is some more serious balancing that needs to be done. Idk, for being a DotA-like it kinda lacks a few of the DotA aspects I actually liked. Theres no incentive to play defensively, there are "tanks" but its a much looser definition and the items seem more (some of them too) powerful. From my experience it seems like melee classes are still going to dominate at high end. I like that a lot of abilities have a dmg amount, or if a % amount, whichever is higher will take effect, it helps casters a lot, but again erodes away at the tank aspect i liked in DotA.

All in all it seems like LoL tried to shy away from massive disable heroes, and massive carry heroes. Which is great and all, but it just feels like the different types of heroes in LoL are too blurred into each other. Its great for a free game, and entertaining without a doubt, but it leaves me wanting a bit more from it. I do give it props for the rune system and the talent tree kinda thing they did, thats actually pretty nifty (idk if HoN did it, never played that)

I've been playing LoL casually with some friends while I wait for sc2 beta to come back.

It's nowhere near as balanced as DoTA, but it's fun to kill time with.

HoN is just DoTA with particle effects raping your eyeballs which is horrendous and terrible and why would you ever play HoN, DoTA is free you fucking mouth breathers.

also the community for DoTA and HoN are both horrid festering shitpiles while the LoL community is slightly less rank and far more tolerable.

Im just saying this but, I will fuck you up like there is no tomorrow in LoL Cinn.

HoN>Dota

its ok Cinn you're not always right, dedicated engine=less work arounds and smoother engine plus a battle.net system made for HoN not WC3 ladder games. It was only 20$ to preorder oh noessss

Even on Garena the delay time is hugely noticable compared to HoN

I won't deny the communities are horribly though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom