Help: Warrior Pledging Tarhyl ??

Chiifin666

Dalayan Elder
Hi there, so I've been doing a lot of research into this and am uncertain if I want to pledge Tarhyl or not. If I do, should I take an evil alignment ? should I do COI, Silver Crown, Blackscale?? I understand I won't be able to raid ToT, or kill Bloodfires in First Ruins.. Would I be able to kill Rhok or whatever for the end-game augs? I've never killed Rhok before, anyways, so I'm not too worried about that. And I'm so done going into ToT anyways, much of what I want can be achieved by 6man/12man.

Wiki says Tarhyl aug is implemented in-game but does anyone know who has it ? I thought Baars or w/e was Tarhyl but I guess the person remade his shaman?? I like this aug the most, end game- it's a tiny bit more hp/ac and damage reduction is always a plus.

And would I be able to get away with killing Thaz; fire-- or PoFire? In case I ever get the chance to kill Blazewind ??

Cool, I found that Sateru has completed all 4 steps of the aug, and now I know to go blackscale and chaotic

If you pledge Tarhyl:
  • You can not kill ToT
  • You can not kill Bloodfires in FR
  • You can kill Rohk np, you even get a shortcut down there while doing Tarhyl aug. Getting your group down there is their problem though, but by the time you can kill Rokh, couple bloodfires should be np without a tank eitherways.
  • You can kill PoFire np.
  • Since Tarhyl is Chaotic Evil, the only reasonable heartland faction is Blackscale, givent that the others are Good (CoI) or Lawful (SC).
  • Caster version of the aug can be seen here.

Thank you, answered my questions. And I'll be going after the tank aug. Sateru has the caster version and Xardon has the tank version. I can't wait now!!

I wish we weren't supposed to choose our alignment in the tutorial part. At least Chiifin is neutral/neutral.. :\

Google only knows of three players with the Brand of Tarhyl's Champion, and one of those is banned. Nwaij's ENC makes four, and I can also add a fifth to the list -- my own Cleric, Ploom. All five characters placed the aug in the charm slot, though none of them has the WAR version to help you make your decision.

Tarhyl is a very rare choice due to the reasons mentioned by Nwaij, but if you're willing to forgo that content, it does make for a unique path. There's something to be said for going "against the grain," I say! And he's right that Blackscale is the only practical Heartlands faction if you hope to earn the 20% alignment bonus. There are even a couple of undocumented chaotic shifts along the way if you are thorough with dialog and have a knack for sniffing out chaotic choices!

Regarding this old post of mine an interesting read while you're contemplating deity selection. The data was imperfect even at the time. It's bound to be even more outdated now, but it should still give a rough indication as to the popularity/rarity of all deities.

I wish we weren't supposed to choose our alignment in the tutorial part. At least Chiifin is neutral/neutral.. :\
You're double-posting this thread to high heaven, so I'll do the same! Regarding The Dream, there are indeed two alignment shifts you're required to undertake (one for Lawful/Chaotic and one for Good/Evil -- the latter also has a Neutral option). However, these are so minuscule that it's possible to botch them completely and still come out in the end with a robust 20% regardless of your deity choice. :)

You're double-posting this thread to high heaven, so I'll do the same! Regarding The Dream, there are indeed two alignment shifts you're required to undertake (one for Lawful/Chaotic and one for Good/Evil -- the latter also has a Neutral option). However, these are so minuscule that it's possible to botch them completely and still come out in the end with a robust 20% regardless of your deity choice. :)
I dare you to get galelor's alignment to 20% ;) (He was pretty major negative until my last push to get him in a better spot! Your advice was very helpful!)

You are wrong in 2 ways Grinkles:
  1. My ENC is already showing in that google search of yours, so with your cleric, thats four not five.
  2. Xardon is indeed sporting the tank version of the aug.
And of course everyone has his deity aug in charm slot, that's the only spot it fits in after all, duh!

You are wrong in 2 ways Grinkles:
  1. My ENC is already showing in that google search of yours, so with your cleric, thats four not five.
  2. Xardon is indeed sporting the tank version of the aug.
And of course everyone has his deity aug in charm slot, that's the only spot it fits in after all, duh!
Whoa, I'm pretty Mierin wasn't there earlier for me! (Is it possible your linking her here boosted her "internet footprint" just high enough to show up in Google?)

Also, you're right about Xardon having the tank version. Weird choice. I must've forgotten that the aug reward was able to be cycled through. I knew they were all ALL/ALL, but I assumed the quest always spit out the version designed for your class.

And about the charm slot, gimme a break -- I haven't played in a couple of months! :p

if you're planning on playing a lot and progressing your character (which with blazewind mentioned it seems like you are) don't pledge tarhyl. tower of tarhyl is a huge raid progression zone and being a warrior you can get the Flarewynd from the ToT quest which is a very good tank clicky. I'd say those 2 reasons alone are worth losing like 10 extra hp on a aug. if you want to be evil, gradalsh is probably the best option overall

Hrmm.... You hold a valid argument.. However I have two toons with 600aa, 30+ tomes each and neither of them, ranger and cleric, have neither that bow or the healing 1hb. Plus with the 6man/12man, i just see myself skipping that stuff and heading right to yclist, thaz, and spires spires-type raid stuff.. But that is an important clicky no doubt...

The approach you describe is the one I took on my ENC. Worked out well for me, never regretted it, would do it again.

well that link got me to another link showing quests for all the alignments, helllll freaking yeah! good thing i have access to this printer at work, this is a lot of paper i just went through haha

Back
Top Bottom