Heartlands faction issue

Rorne

The sad fish is a reactionary creature; an enemy o
I have attempted to search for a problem similar to mine to no avail so I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere already.

I am at the step in the main quest that requires me to join one of the three Heartlands factions, I successfully finished Tesia's quest to speak to members of all three factions and received experience and all. That part went fine, but now when I go back to speak to either the Silvercrown representative or the Council rep I can not manage to bring up any joining dialogue. The only person that still gives me a join option is the Blackscale fellow.

Am I missing something obvious here? I have tried talking to Tesia and Hania repeatedly in case it was some sort of flagging issue, I have also exhausted all dialogue with the aforementioned Silvercrown and Council guys.

If your alignment is opposed to the philosophy of one of these organizations you won’t be able to join. In other words if you have CHAOTIC alignment you can't join the Silvercrown and if you have EVIL alignment you can't join the Council of Innovation.

Wesell said:
If your alignment is opposed to the philosophy of one of these organizations you won’t be able to join. In other words if you have CHAOTIC alignment you can't join the Silvercrown and if you have EVIL alignment you can't join the Council of Innovation.

When was this implemented? Also in this case the motd in Dalaya Beginners certainly needs to be clarified.

Rorne said:
When was this implemented? Also in this case the motd in Dalaya Beginners certainly needs to be clarified.
Since the Heartlands quests were implemented.
When I did them, the representatives stressed which alignment they adhered to in all capital letters so it was hard to miss. Either this was changed or you failed the reading test they gave.

iaeolan said:
Since the Heartlands quests were implemented.
When I did them, the representatives stressed which alignment they adhered to in all capital letters so it was hard to miss. Either this was changed or you failed the reading test they gave.

While it's great that you got all pissy in this response, I was simply looking at it like the majority of quests in the game. There are quite a few that in terms of story deal with the pretense of good and evil or law and chaos but have no requirements or ramifications. I am sure you would reply that it's the main quest and therefore on another level entirely, and that's fair.

Lesson learned I suppose, it just took me by surprise as I had never heard of this before.

Old thread, I know, but this is on topic, and I don't want to start a new thread if one exists. My rogue was completely chaotic/neutral, pledged to Enthann when I went Silver Crown.

After the fact, I found out that chaotic alignment should have prevented me from joining SC. Is this broken, or has this been changed since this comment from '08 ?

Just think it is worth clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom