Healing Sleep - Shaman AA

Drotic

Dalayan Adventurer
I suggest making this an instant cast. Its very seldom used by anyone who has it. Cast time sucks it doesn't save much mana cause its very seldom in any of my groups that we stop and sit for med time unless its after a wipe but then everyone is at full hp anyways. I am definatly not healing self with this cause Torpor takes 100 mana and I can canny during it.

or make it an AA self hot with same reuse time as Cani 5 :) That would rock much more imo. You can leave all the rules of that it gets dispelled if you get damaged (by anything other then Cani 4) and stuff and make it root you.

As is, it is not worth it.

I would still like to see this get changed to something more useful. I already tried once before, but nothing came out of it - http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php?topic=13673.0.

A FD is never happening, but I don't see the problem in its becoming some form of a small group HoT. I'd really like other shamans to come up with some other ideas and post them because I haven't been able to really think of anything else that would be nice to have and be fully balanced.

As it stands for me, Healing Sleep will just be a fun toy as an afk checker on raids and a snap aggro spell for groups if I need/want to tank for whatever reason.

This gets brought up every six months and goes no where :(

From S&R last December.

Real FD definately out. I have long ago given up on this being anything more than a good way to stop those annoying people who run in circles during down time.

I remember reading and/or participating in both the threads you mentioned.

FD, as Wiz said, it would be really something overpowered, but I don't see the problem of changing this totally useless AA to something minimally useful (at least, seeing how much AA points it costs).

I thought sometimes about different possibilities of this AA and came up with some ideas that maybe could fit the recast time given.
1) Ancestral Thoughts: You give a small Mana Hot (20, 30, 50, no matter how few) to your target. This mana comes from your mana pool. This is a Hot so it occupies one buff slot (to make it worse). The casting time could be the same or lower depending on the strength of it.
2) Shared Health: The small group HOT Xavu mentioned.
3) Actually any healing useful thing being not decisive and making the casting not a loose of time in comparison of casting in the same time your relic heal. (i.e. a 500 Hp single HOT would be useless as in the same time we can do a complete 2900 heal). It could be also a small HOT but longer lasting than a HOT. Something in between a regeneration and a HOT in terms of HP/heal par tick and duration. Don't know if this would fit with the recast time though. Other option is that it could take life from you for giving it to others.
3) Companion Rage: A small pet haste short lasting buff. Training more levels = more haste or longer lasting buff. Seeing we have some pet AAs that could be a good thing. Also that could make more shamans using his pet in raids. It could be only a small increase of few dps (actually from my parses dps is about 40) and a reward of summoning them (as they die so easily).
4) Companion Rage: A small pet strength/dexterity short lasting buff. Training more levels = more str/dex or longer lasting buff.
5) A small cripple/incapacitate to the target. Long-lasting.
6) A bigger one but short-lasting.

I'm sure some of them could be overpowered but I just wanted to mention all I have in mind. Of course, numbers could be change to make it less overpowered/more useful.

Ideas and thoughts (positive/negative but not attacking this) are welcomed.

Naragako.

Valero said:
5) A small cripple/incapacitate to the target. Long-lasting.
6) A bigger one but short-lasting.
Naragako.

I like this because shaman already have AA slow and getting another AA debuff would be really cool. Either have it like AA slow (unresistable and really strong but very short duration) or have a long duration but make it unresistable and be comparable to a lower level cripple/incapacitate spell.

I can say for sure that this AA is never getting changed or messed with. Healing sleep is actually useful, it's a mana free complete heal over time that has no duration. When I canni a shaman down to like 3% and then hit healing sleep, it regens the ~7K hp that they have for free. Why is this even an issue?

Draxx said:
I can say for sure that this AA is never getting changed or messed with. Healing sleep is actually useful, it's a mana free complete heal over time that has no duration. When I canni a shaman down to like 3% and then hit healing sleep, it regens the ~7K hp that they have for free. Why is this even an issue?

On raids, canni'ing down this low and then waiting several ticks on the ground not casting kind of takes you out of the fight. Sure it might be decent in exp. groups, but even I would rather just use Torpor and still be able to cast. It is good in certain situations, but I just don't see it being used in enough scenarios to be used with regularity. It is not totally useless like some AAs (bard singing AA, lawl), but it isn't super useful either.

I can't speak for healing sleep, but someday it would be nice if a gm/dev could work on the list of terrible aa's

Draxx said:

If you're out of combat sitting is faster than canning (with the exception of AACanni).
If you're in combat that method is really useless when you could canni + torpor + heal others.

I wont ever bother to get this aa. with codex out there is no reason to, once done with codex I might get intelligence before I go for healing sleep.. Thats just how useful the aa is.... A targetable aa debuff would be very cool, so would an aa targetable hot, long duration big selfhot or some kind of grouphot/heal/cure.

I still don't see why people complain about an awesome aa
Can you add something usefully for once or please get lost? I see why you drive Volkov nuts. I am thinking of going to support his thread in Chillvile.

Draxx said:
Well if u dont get all the aggro over the zone and survive is ok to have this AA.

But being at 3% probably would generate alot of aggro, and Healing Sleep is the greatest aggro ever. I even had aggro over a warrior when the mob was at 50% (War was using Patriarch)

Well making it into a group hot would be pretty nice.
Maybe group MoT (Mana over time) would be nice. Just like bst's have paragon, shamy could have some mana recovery too for the group. Wouldnt be a bad idea, since bst's follow the same path as shammies.

brasileira said:
Well making it into a group hot would be pretty nice.
Maybe group MoT (Mana over time) would be nice. Just like bst's have paragon, shamy could have some mana recovery too for the group. Wouldnt be a bad idea, since bst's follow the same path as shammies.

I like the idea of a mana-hot in theory, but I wouldn't like the idea of giving shaman a carbon copy of an existing beastlord ability. Something should be done to set them apart, but I'm not entirely sure what.

robopirateninja said:
I like the idea of a mana-hot in theory, but I wouldn't like the idea of giving shaman a carbon copy of an existing beastlord ability. Something should be done to set them apart, but I'm not entirely sure what.
Well they have slows, some kind of focus, etc. Shamies could get some cool stuff to from them.

yes, lets give a powerful class an even more powerful ability. That's logical. NO.

Healing sleep has its uses. It may seem like a toy to others, but in the end, its nice to be able to canni, then healing sleep meaning no need to keep a torpor like spell up, leaving it open for something else.

Daelius said:
in the end, its nice to be able to canni, then healing sleep meaning no need to keep a torpor like spell up, leaving it open for something else.

Healing sleep is not a better choice than Ancient: Slumber and I certainly would not go around without Slumber memmed in favour of healing sleep. Slumber is by far perferable as it allows you to continue casting cani while you are being healed up rather than lying there uselessly on the ground. In addition Slumber gives you 25 to each resist making a handy spell to have up when facing AE mobs both for the protection and the recouperation of health.

You wouldnt dare use HS during a raid boss encounter and after you kill the mob there is normally enough time to regain all health and mana with just cani, AA cani and slumber.

HS is really a toy. Not all AAs are going to be the greatest thing in your repetiore. Would be nice if it were more practical (hence the numerous requests for a change and ideas put forth) but likely it will just remain as is, marginally useful and occasionally fun to have.

Back
Top Bottom