Having a problem with the Main Quest

john_diasparra

Dalayan Beginner
After getting the Holy water in the pool of Newport, I went all the way out to Wyvern Fang and spoke with the healer. He did not give me the item i needed, He told me to speak with his master, who then tells me to kill a lvl 42 mob for the claws. Did I miss out on something, am I supposed to speak with him and get the item or

Do I have to kill the Mobs, or can I just kill the healer, and get the item i need from hit loot?

Don't kill the healer for the symbol.

Did you talk to Kril before going to the healer? Did you threaten him, or did you offer to help him (he will skip the water and symbol part if you threaten him, but you will not gain the 100kxp and it will shift your alignment towards evil)?

Here is an excert from the SoD Wiki regarding this portion of the main quest:

Seeker Tresaria will tell you that you've learned a lot, but now you have to learn about Kaezul and what he looks like. Head to the Sewers in Freeport, entering them south of the docks. Take a left at the first split and zone into West Freeport. Head down the sewers and take your first right (past some undead rats). You'll eventually run into a maddened priest named Kril (sitting beside his dog, Flea :p) He is haunted by the spirit of one of old Freeport's High Trade Council members, and he wants to get rid of it before he'll tell you what you want to know. Kril will ask for holy water and a holy symbol. If you threaten him instead, he will tell you what you want to know without doing the following, but it shifts your alignment toward Evil (and may result in less experience, verify please) (I got absolutely no experience when i threatened him -Detestai). If you choose to help him:

Holy water - Deepmaster Tailan will supply this. Head to the southeast portion of South Newport, loc -147, -511.

Holy symbol - Healer Crachek will supply this. Head to Wyvernfang coast, he's an othmir at loc -437, -1112.

Note:Deepmaster Tailan and Healer Crachek will not prompt you trigger sentences if you had not talked to Kril first.
Note2: As I necro I was KOS to Deepmaster Tailan, so the same will happen to other necros/SHDs I supose. Its a shame cos´you will have to take the Threaten option, so there will be no exp at all. Hope this will be fixed in the future. (Angino 23/08/07) -Just use invis to get the water, it is a ground spawn (in the pool) inside the building next to Tailan, you don't have to talk to him-
Note3: Mobs were green, green, and L.Blue to me at lvl 30. ~Oakiaf Nov 27, 2007*
Return these items to Kril and he'll tell you what the ghost imparted to him about Kaezul's betrayal. Then return to Seeker Tresaria and talk to her. Hailing will yield 100k xp! She'll ask you for your gem and replace it with a Gemstone of Insight.

I know I personally made that mistake (a couple of times, lol) throughout the main quest, so it might very well be the case. It's been so long since I did the main quest, I honestly can't say for sure if that's the issue without a Dev checking your quest flags. It wouldn't hurt to run back and talk to Kril again just in case! :)

Back
Top Bottom