Grobb Warrior sword quest issue

ozorfiir99

Dalayan Beginner
I am having trouble with this quest. The text given to you by the giver is:

Kathik of the Blade says, 'I'm sure you'll try trooper, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time, whether you succeed is another matter. The blade and handle are one peice, a tempered steel rod hammered to keen edge with a Blackscale Hammer, remember to watch the balance. The grip for each blade must be made from the sinew of a fine swordsman amoung your enemies, you may find worthy opponents within The Halls of Mielech. Finally, a brick of ore is needed to forge a hilt for each blade, stamp one of those symbols into each hilt with your Blackscale Hammer to make them properly. The first says Kai, it stands for offense, your strong hand. The second, Sei, means defense, your offhand. Combine the parts for each blade separately with the Blackscale Hammer and with any luck you will find yourself the owner of rare swords from history.

I cannot seem to combine the items listed above in a forge to create the swords. It is possible the ore I am using is not of the right type (I'm using iron ore mined in Mielech) but I couldn't seem to find any "Brick of Ore". I have tried combining the Blackscale Hammer, tempered steel rod, aggressive duelist sinew & kai stamp (or defensive & sei stamp), and iron ore but it returns me with the "Items cannot be combined in this container" message. I have tried combining the parts for each piece of a sword (hammer and tempered steel rod; hammer, ore, and stamp; etc) but that also does not have any result. I have tried smelting the ore into ingots and doing all of the above but that does not work either. Has anyone successfully completed this quest and know what I'm doing wrong?

On a sidenote-
For characters in the middle of the quest, hailing Kathik has him return you with the text option " - [I'm listening.]", which, when said to him (and I did have him targeted) gives no response. I was lucky to find the original text forum searching to see if I could find a solution before posting. Could this be fixed please?

Thanks in advance,

Ozorfiir / Goroziv :)

If anyone has any clues, or if the quest is broke and just needs a fix, please say something >< lol this quest has been bugging me for about 2 months :?

Back
Top Bottom