Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quila

Dalayan Adventurer
I'm looking for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors in quest dialogs, item names, books, etc.. Please post them here. For the next week, 11/26 - 12/2 I will be giving a 2 fame per error (up to 10 errors per npc) If enough are reported I will add a prize for the person that reports the most.

First come first serve, only the first person to report an error will get credit.

When reporting an error, please post the exact name of the NPC and the line that needs corrected so that I can find it easily.

Post everything here along with your character name that you want to get the fame, please only one character. I don't want to spend my time splitting up fame between your alts. I'll be keeping track of them all and at the end of the week I'll give out the fame.

Error #1: FIXED
Item Name: Gemstone of the Si0xth Seeker (etc.)
Line with Error: (Item name; see below)
Correction: The various Ikisith-era SHM augs have extraneous zeros in their item names. (Apparently this was a short-lived in-joke in 2010; not sure if it counts as an error, but you can't blame me for thinking it it!)

Error #2: FIXED
NPC Name: A venemous slime
Line with Error: (NPC name; see below)
Correction: "Venemous" is spelled incorrectly; the NPC ought to be renamed "a venomous slime."

Error #3: FIXED
NPC Name: Ol' Grinner
Line with Error: (NPC name; see below)
Correction: Ol' Grinner ought to be respelled Ol` Grinner, as apostrophes in NPC names seem to be problematic for the client. When engaged, the mob gives truncated messages along the lines of "You punch Ol for 14 points of damage" and "Ol hits you for 23 points of damage," as the client apparently registers an apostrophe as a close quote or something. (Mentioned this once in S&R once but didn't receive any acknowledgment.)

Error #4: FIXED
Spell Name: Color Vortex
Line with Error: Psychadelic colors scar your mind.
Correction: That first word is misspelled; it ought to be "Psychedelic."

Error #5: FIXED
NPC Name: Logol (part of the quest "Helping Theron Ygnir")
Line with Error: Logol Logol reads the letter, but remains silent.
Correction: His name is duplicated in this emote.

Error #5: FIXED
NPC Name: Theron Ygnir (part of the quest "Helping Theron Ygnir")
Line with Error: Theron Ygnir says, 'Great! Once you gathered all these things, you should get them to Logol.
Correction: 'Once you gathered' > 'Once you have gathered' or 'Once you've gathered'

Error #6: FIXED
Line with Error: [D2] What about an ethereal mace
Correction: This dialogue option lacks a question mark.

Error #7: FIXED
Line with Error: [D3] What is a fire crystal
Correction: This dialogue option also lacks a question mark. (Oddly enough, [D1] and [D4], which are also questions, do have question marks.)

Error #8: FIXED
NPC Name: Emkedo Tarillingord (part of the quest "The Transportation Matrix")
Line with Error: Emkedo Tarillingord says, 'I heared of an old and powerfull artifact that is rumored to be found in the old Oggok from before the Fall.
Correction: "Heared" should be "heard," and "powerfull" should be "powerful."

Error #8: FIXED
Line with Error: You say, 'I thought old Oggok was lost to the jungle and never heared off again?'
Correction: "Heared off" should be "heard of."

Error #9: FIXED
Line with Error: Emkedo Tarillingord says, 'It was, untill recently! One of my collegues in Newport, Torgilin Darkheart, found plans on how to construct a device that allows one to locate this "Transportation Matrix", or atleast he claimed so.'
Correction: "Untill" should be "until," and "atleast" should be two words. (Also, he uses the colloquial "cause" in place of "because" in the following line, which probably ought to be fixed even though it's not a typo.)

Error #10: FIXED
Line with Error: You say, 'How is that my problem? I have far better things to do then running around looking for idiots who managed to get themselfs lost!'
Correction: "Then" ought to be "than," and "themselfs" ought to be "themselves."

Error #11: FIXED
Spell Name: Spell: Conduit: Murk
Line with Error: Grinklessinks into the earth.
Correction: A space must be inserted between the player's name and "sinks."

Error #12: FIXED
NPC Name: Captain Thalas (part of the quest "Newport Ring III")
Line with Error: "Oh, by the way... present to him your ring in addition to the letter - I have requested he gives you a new ring, as your status within the guard has been raised to Sergeant."
Correction: "I have requested he gives you a new ring" > "I have requested that he give you a new ring" (A subjunctive nitpick, but the very beginning of NP Ring IV has Sergeant Halsey using the subjunctive properly! :p)

Error #13: FIXED
Item Name: Spleandor of the Overgrowth
Line with Error: (Item name; see below)
Correction: Unless this is some kind of in-joke among the staff, "spleandor" ought to be spelled "splendor."

My character name: Grinkles

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashpyre / An Eternal Well: FIXED

Line with Error: As Tipikaele holds the talisman into the well's flame white strands of burning energy lance around and into the ancient artifact. Suddenly the flames calm as ***Ashwynd*** is powered to repletion.

Correction: (if you want to)
As Tipikaele holds the talisman into the well's flame white strands of burning energy lance around and into the ancient artifact. Suddenly the flames calm as ***Ashpyre*** is powered to repletion.

*special note* i'm not good with this kind of stuff usually but i think there should either be a comma or semi'colon between "flame and white"

Char name = Crynel

Error #1:
The SHM Gemstone of the Sixth Seeker is currently misspelled "Gemstone of the Si0xth Seeker," as seen in this player's charm slot.

My character name: Grinkles

This isn't a typo. Cyzaine did this on purpose when I was doing the quest originally because he had actually put a typo in the th0ird seeker aug. After I bitched and moaned about it, he did it on all of the shaman augs.

While brooding over books in the shinra mansion, Sephiroth spouts out, "You ignorant traitor. I'll tell you. This Planet originally belonged to the Cetra. Cetra was a itinerant race..." It should say an itinerant race.

Ruined my immersion.

I don't know if these were ever fixed, but here is the giant list of typos I found for cyzaine for the gradalsh aug.

Item/NPC Name:Merla Mc Aston FIXED
Line with Error: Merla Mc Aston
Her name should be Merla McAston as the rest of her family's surnames

Item/NPC Name: Cultist Nilanna FIXED
Line With Error: You'll need to weaken them for a better chance of success. Do not kill any of them and I'd suggest just fleeing if they summon help. Make sure to only grab soldiers... can't have someone important go missing. aMeet me in the Plaguelands tunnel when you finish.'
Correction: aMeet should just be meet

Item/NPC Name: Cultist Nilanna FIXED
Line With Error: The Silvercrown soldiers suddenly come into view, she pours on them a stange potion...
Correction: Stange should be Strange

Item/NPC Name: Cultists Scribing (book) FIXED
Line with Error: Continued to travel, and saw an ancient and corrupted water spirit, vile and dirty, and caught some of him in a vile
Correction: the second vile should be Vile (vial)

Item/NPC Name: Cultists Scribings (book) - page 7 FIXED
Line With Error: I travld to the hole
Correction: Traveled

Item/NPC Name: Disciple Avell FIXED
Line With error: You say, 'What are you doing here exaclty... don't you have entropy to spread?'
Correction: Exaclty should be exactly. Also one of the later lines has an error where tomorrow is spelle tommorow.

Item/NPC Name: Blood of Hopless Despair FIXED
Line with Error: Blood of Hopless Despair
Correction: Blood of Hopless Despair should be Blood of Hopeless Despair

Item/NPC Name: Chieftan Warren McAston FIXED
Line with Error: Cheiftan Warren McAston
Correction: Chieftan should be spelld Chieftain.

Item/NPC Name: Anuek, Avatar of Entropy FIXED
Line with Error:'Nydualth. Bow loyal servant. The Master has been watching you, and knows all that has occured. Vengenance shall be ours, by your hand, but first, your Scar. By the Masters will, I shall empower it, recreate it as something greater than it is.
Correction: vegenance should be spelled vengeance

Please edit your posts to look like:

Item/NPC Name:
Line with Error:
Correction: (if you want to)

Typos from The Marlow Aug

Item/NPC Name: Phago the Glutton FIXED
Line with Error: You say, 'This is not what we agreed on. Tell me of Dis' trial. What does she need! How can I prove myself to her?'
Phago the Glutton says, 'Yes. You will prove yourself, when I say you have done enough. Don't forget who has senority here.'
Correction: Senority should be Seniority.

Item/NPC Name: Phago the Glutton FIXED
Line With Error: Any paladin who every lived would have one of these things, so it shouldn't be too difficult...'
Correction: every should be ever.

Item/NPC Name: Deirdre Grey FIXED
Line with Error: I miss him alot.
Correction: alot should be a lot.

Line with Error: Deirdre Grey says, 'Yes. He died facing the evils that you, unfortuantly, still represent.
Correction: unfortuantly should be unfortunately

Line With Error:Deirdre Grey says, 'Praise Althuna! That shambler has been avoid me and Dereck for years.
Correction: avoid should be avoiding

Item/NPC Name: Deirdre the Tempted FIXED
Line With Error: Deirdre the Tempted says, 'Rest in peace Dereck... No... No do not rest in piece. In fact... no you will never rest. You always controlled me... told me what to do... how to do it... lets see how you like it!'
Correction: piece should be peace.

stumbled upon a few spells that all had the same grammar issue:

Spell Names: Void Fury/Void Claws FIXED
Line with error: You mind is rent by spectral claws
Correction: Your mind is rent by spectral claws

Spell Names: Potion of Mana/Potion of Greater Mana/Potion of Superior Mana FIXED
Line with error: You mind feels refreshed.
Correction: Your mind feels refreshed.

Spell Name: Puppet ManaGaze FIXED
Line with error: You mind reels from the Seeping Puppet's gaze.
Correction: Your mind reels from the Seeping Puppet's gaze.

Item: Perserved Skull (from Experiment XVII in Kaesora) should be "Preserved" FIXED

3 things that misspell "foliage" as "foilage" from overgrowth

Item/NPC Name: budding foilage (NPC) FIXED
Line with Error: name
Correction: correct to foliage

Item/NPC Name: budding foilage (item) FIXED

Item/NPC Name:dew laden foilage (item) FIXED

Closing this thread. Thank you all that participated, I'll get your fame done soon.

Thank you for the response. :) All fame and errors are fixed, some will take a patch to go live.

Watch for more things like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom