GM applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarutao

Staff Emeritus
It's "make more GMs" time again! If you've applied before, then I've got your application on file, but I'd like you to apply again if you're still interested. Applications are to be e-mailed to me, and they should answer the following questions:

(1) What is/are your main character(s)?

(2) What is your primary language? Do you speak any other languages?

(3) Why do you want to be a GM?

Warning: all applications are subject to being posted in staff areas for any and all staff members to read and discuss. I've been vague about what kinds of answers Im' looking on purpose, but please be honest in your answers. The GM Team has to be able to trust each other to be honest and be able to accept that honesty.

Tao, can you please list your e-mail address for those people that don't yet have it memorized?

Tao edit: If you don't know and don't know the rules and policies enough to know how to contact staff, this is probably not the position for you.

Sadly, I have to agree with Tao here. If they need him to tell them that here, they are decidedly too uninformed to apply. It's kinda easy to forget that, as FWF was a culture of needing to understand the rules and policies of such things. It's far more likely that those who educated themselves on these things (in accordance with the rules) will be those Tao seeks to fill these positions. The people he's looking for will probably be able to find it quite handily.

I think it was an odd choice to delete the post with the information and then edit my post to say, "if you don't know, tough cookies," but whatever you want.

Tao edit: If you don't know and don't know the rules and policies enough to know how to contact staff, this is probably not the position for you.

Sadly, I have to agree with Tao here. If they need him to tell them that here, they are decidedly too uninformed to apply. It's kinda easy to forget that, as FWF was a culture of needing to understand the rules and policies of such things. It's far more likely that those who educated themselves on these things (in accordance with the rules) will be those Tao seeks to fill these positions. The people he's looking for will probably be able to find it quite handily.

This is how you look.

Is this really how you want to represent yourselves to the world?

When the application is for a position that will require you at times to be the acting authority on the rules, policies, and procedures of SoD, then yes, that is exactly how I want to look.

If the application was for another position, then no.

Also a good idea, considering what he's looking for.

Note: this is also not what I would be looking for. Still, it shouldn't be surprising to you guys for Tao to want such a thing.

When the application is for a position that will require you at times to be the acting authority on the rules, policies, and procedures of SoD, then yes, that is exactly how I want to look.

If the application was for another position, then no.

I have to say that I am not interested in the position, but if even if I was that attitude would make me not apply. Not including the contact information in the request looks sloppy and unprofessional. The server needs more GMs, but no one needs to become a GM, so why not be courteous to those who would help you out, and include the complete information? I have not seen the original post, but I assume Fuwok just meant to help in making it easier for you to find the GMs you need, so I don't think he deserved to be scolded like that. If you ran a business like that no one would want to come work for you.

masonic_bumper_sticker-r8fce9460b2414af09a473ac624af0595_v9wht_8byvr_512_zps0e39c537.jpg

Going to lock this with one final explanation. Tao's email can be found, at most, three mouse clicks away. If you haven't found it on your own before seeing this thread, or cannot find it on your own now, it probably means you aren't what he is looking for. To use the analogy of a poster above me, if this was a business, you would be expected to show up to the interview with a basic understanding of what the company makes or sells. Considering the context of where Tao's email can be found, that is exactly what he was testing.

Being a GM for the server is not a favor to Tao, nor is it employment with Woldaff Inc. It is a service to the players. This thread is not begging a favor nor even expressing a need. Rather it is offering an opportunity to influence the direction of the server and improve the experience of the playerbase. If this sounds like you, then please take the time to apply. If not, then I still wish you well!

I should point out that this application process is not the only method by which we add to the GM Team. This way is pretty good about finding candidates I'd normally overlook. In that line of thought, I got a really good application from someone who I actually don't know. I usually can connect a name to "oh, I've seen that name in <Seven Virtues> raids" or something.

This thread is thus far a success, and if you're clear on the basics of the rules/policies and of a mind to perform in what is effectively an uncompensated service position for the SoD community, then you should apply! It's the playerbase and community that makes SoD great, and the GM Team is built from that playerbase.

So, these are still open, but several invitations to the GM team will be going out in the coming days. If you're interested and thinking "oh man, I missed that chance", then apply anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom