Glyph Tome Restriction

Dinadass

Dalayan Pious Diety
It's my understanding that a character can complete one Glyph tome from Refuge for a permanent -25 resist modifier to the element of their choice, but they are then locked into that choice forever.

Would it be possible to allow players to somehow remove their completed Glyph tome permanently, allowing them to start over on a new one of a different element? As new spells, clickies and procs become available to people, the element that they rely on the most can change, and it seems like being forever locked into one resist mod is a bad thing.

I'm not suggesting that players be allowed to benefit from multiple glyphs or anything like that. They'd still have to purchase a new tome and grind it out if they decide to change, along with maybe a fee or something for removing their existing one first.

Not sure who had this idea but i was always a fan of, Being able to XP all of them but only able to have 1 active at a time.
iirc that idea was brought up in a previous thread

Yeah that would be a pretty cool solution too, especially for classes that have diverse spell selections and fight a variety of mobs with different resistances.

Not sure who had this idea but i was always a fan of, Being able to XP all of them but only able to have 1 active at a time.
iirc that idea was brought up in a previous thread

Very cool idea.

Last edited:
Anyone else with opinions on this? Especially with the changes to resists recently I would expect people would really like to not be forever locked into the same -25 resist mod.

It's particularly troublesome for monks who have an arrangement of fist and weapon proc items (which are a huge component of monk dps) to be locked into a single glyph.

It doesn't make sense to be confined to just one glyph type when considering high-end options like Matron's Grasp and Horok. Granted I'll never see this but it's a 'Nice Thing' for those monks lucky enough to see it.

Could just make it a style that you can use once every couple hours once you train up that particular glyph. Use use the style and it would set it to that glyph and then you cant change it for like 6 hours etc

I also support this idea for several reasons :

*it allows flexibility of class evolution, gear potential, and available content factors to influence the choice.

*The restriction of ONE resist tome still applies.

*The tome is worded VERY poorly and does not explicitly say "YOU GET ONE CHANCE"
To quote:

This Glyph adds -25 resist adjust to any ______ spell you cast. You may only possess one elemental glyph at a time.

-Pazms

Back
Top Bottom