Glowing Shards

frogdogy684

Dalayan Beginner
Alright so, recently I hypothesized that Glowing Shards could be augged onto a ammo item and may/may not provide a proc for melee. I proceeded to test the theory and have found it to be correct except that the proc-rate is 0%. There are several reasons I can see for there being 0% proc chance, but I decided I'd post here and see if this was a over-sight or intended.

Personally I don't see why it shouldn't have a Melee portion on the proc since Casters and Hybrids both get to aug it onto Wrist for more DPS and get the stats, while Pure melees have to settle for stats, and get slightly less out of the stats than hybrids/casters, and if the proc works; give up the stats and get the proc. All-in-all as far as I can tell Pure Melees are always choosing rather stats or DPS and that kinda balances the item.

Anyways, mainly I just posted to find out if there was suppose to be a proc-chance on it or if its meant to have 0.

https://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=Jaec
In Nightwhisper atm which is currently in ammo.

Server first!

It had nothing to do with balance.

They could never get the item to work correctly. Obviously they tried. Perhaps with the new server there is a way, but with the old client they couldn't figure it out or it was impossible.

I'm pretty sure this was intended to be an arrow aug, but they forgot to put the aug slot on arrows. Of course without endless quiver you would waste the augment pretty quickly, however that gives more reasons to continue to kill rujjik.

I'm pretty sure this was intended to be an arrow aug, but they forgot to put the aug slot on arrows. Of course without endless quiver you would waste the augment pretty quickly, however that gives more reasons to continue to kill rujjik.

Who needs a better reason than to get Mousekon a Jyre?

well, this certainly isn't getting the responses I was hoping for lol. I'll have to just keep getting a hold of Slaar when I can.

Kedrin told you all there is to know man. The aug was intended to work from ammo, but never functioned properly.

I love that for once I'm not an asshole and try to help someone with a correct answer and it's just not satisfactory.

well, this certainly isn't getting the responses I was hoping for lol. I'll have to just keep getting a hold of Slaar when I can.
Your best bet is getting a hold of Marza, the items creator afaik. Fortunately you can swap the augment to a different item without it being destroyed, or at least you could the last time I played for real. With all the players in your guild who have done rujik for ages its surprising you didn't know that the item doesn't function properly.

Everyone just said "you can't put ammo items in ammo if the augged"

Ty kedrin, that info is part of what I wanted, but I also wanted a Dev's attention to find out if its gonna get fixed or if I should try to get the aug put somewhere else. Also, Marza is currently mia I hear.

Everyone just said "you can't put ammo items in ammo if the augged"

Ty kedrin, that info is part of what I wanted, but I also wanted a Dev's attention to find out if its gonna get fixed or if I should try to get the aug put somewhere else. Also, Marza is currently mia I hear.

Everyone is dumb.

You can't put most items that are augged into your ammo because said augs don't have ammo in their list of slots.

I would just bank on the item never getting fixed. We killed the mob and reported the problem well over four years ago.

Sorry, 5. Monday Aug 15, 2011

Last edited:
Honestly it had been just so long since I remember someone trying it, I knew there was a reason I didn't put it in Gares' ammo. But yeah what these guys said has brought back memories. Sounds like a lost cause for now, as Marza hasn't been around, but who knows maybe one day he will return and this will get looked at and possibly fixed in the new client.

Back
Top Bottom