Glowing Shards

Kedrin

Dalayan Pious Diety
Tue 12/02 2013 - Woldaff said:
-The Glowing Shards augmentation was incorrectly tagged as undestroyable. This has been changed to be destroyed on removal. Because of the error, we have de-auged all existing Glowing Shards to allow players to utilize the augment knowing of its new fragility.

So is there a reason behind this change? I foresee this being a problem as people now have a reason to farm Warchief Rujik Moktar every time they get a new bracer upgrade that has a type 3 aug.

The item is rather rare and FWF has only got a handful of them. We are currently the only guild who has ever killed this mob but it seems like it's one of the most rare items that can drop(other then a quest item).

This aug is much different from other augs that are kinda similar, I am talking about augs off Rohk, The Traitorous Hand. Rohk drops 2 augs 100% of the time you kill him. He is also a 6 man mob.

Warchief Rujik Moktar is the very last boss of a raid zone and the aug is a very rare drop. How can both these augs be treated similar in the fact they are forever gone if you wish to move them to a new item?

The aug also says it can go into a Ammo slot. Using logic this can only mean that the person who made the item wanted it to be used in ammo proc items such as Jur, Seed of Bitter Vengeance to add a 2nd proc to melee like it does with spells when you put them into a bracer.

The problem is the proc doesn't currently work when you put it into an ammo item. I know FWF knows well of this problem but what if, in the future, a new guild kills this mob and gives this aug to a melee, only to find out it is worthless? Or what if the aug is fixed and has the ability to proc in an ammo item but melee already put the item into their neck or bracer just to get additional stats then a normal aug?

Last edited:
Ammo should likely be removed from the aug.

As far as the item goes. It should not have ever been a permanent aug honestly. My original intention was to make a new subclass of augs that would go in either wrist or ammo since I found it interesting that those slots could grant additional procs which can be a fun and exciting thing to get. So I made the aug in mind that other augs like it would be released in future content that would be similar, but only offered in the same slots. That way Rujik aug would not be the end all be all of such an aug, which would explain the reason why it should not be permanent.

That was my plan at least, I am not sure if it'll end up happening though.

Thanks for the response Marza. I'm excited to see more items like this aug in the game. Thanks for all the time you put into this game.

I am pretty sure you missed one of the key points I was trying to get across, I don't know if there will be more augs like it in the future.

Is there any chance to make this item and any like it (except maybe Rohk) bonus loots? (like cloaks on NZ as I understand) It seemed fine when it was reusable but having a non-reusable aug dropping and taking up a loot slot is kind of terrible.

Is there any chance to make this item and any like it (except maybe Rohk) bonus loots? (like cloaks on NZ as I understand) It seemed fine when it was reusable but having a non-reusable aug dropping and taking up a loot slot is kind of terrible.

I'll 2nd this.

I personally 3rd this, I can understand adding these to trash mobs rare drop tables, upping tome drop tables, and placing these on a bonus drop items from bosses. This way is terrible though

I'm going to 4th this.

I am pretty sure you missed one of the key points I was trying to get across, I don't know if there will be more augs like it in the future.

so then why not wait untill you know if its going to be and end all aug (which it currently is) to changing the item to be something of the future that may or may not happen? i'm not trying to nag on the devs, but why wouldnt you leave it alone untill other augs came out? The current change is based on something that may or may not happen in the future. its pre change made sense for what it is NOW! so why not change it untill its made for something else?

so then why not wait untill you know if its going to be and end all aug (which it currently is) to changing the item to be something of the future that may or may not happen? i'm not trying to nag on the devs, but why wouldnt you leave it alone untill other augs came out? The current change is based on something that may or may not happen in the future. its pre change made sense for what it is NOW! so why not change it untill its made for something else?

I am pretty sure you are missing the point. The way it is now is the problem, and the way that marza envisioned it was a fix to the problem. This aug has no predecessor and nothing following it. This means that like the dragon/giant aug, people get a purely gear-extraneous enhancement from it that lasts on their character forever. That sort of enhancement incentivizes hard backgearing similar to the problems with the giant and dragon aug. And backgearing at this tier is even worse than giant/dragons - since giants and dragons are mostly outdated content while rujik is going to be on the tier climbing stretch for a very long time. This is the reason why new augment creation is disallowed on new content except in rare situations, normally involving a quest without hard mob timers stopping its completion. (I.E. the non destroyable augment is something that takes player time and involves relatively noncontested mobs, not raid time and a long respawn timer.)

The alternative to this - and what marza was espousing - was to put bracer augs before and after this one in the tiers that make it a linear progression and not "Hit Rujik and get X increase forever".

Making it destroyable does not kill the backgear incentive entirely, but we decided it was the more equitable option to yanking the aug entirely. As for the augment being a "bonus loot", given the augment is basically a ~0-4ac (depending on previous aug), ~10-25 mana/hp (depending on previous aug), +5 to all resists, 2 stun resist, 1 damage reduction, 2 mind shield upgrade and a relatively nice cast proc, it is no different than getting a better pair of boots that you will have to upgrade again some point in the future. In fact it is even better than the boots, since that upgrade is being applied extraneous of normal gear in a way that is extremely rare.

The other alternative staff pushed around was to just pull it from the table and let it fade out over time, with those who already gotten it the lucky few. But that just shifts the pain, it does not eliminate it.

I am pretty sure you are missing the point. The way it is now is the problem, and the way that marza envisioned it was a fix to the problem. This aug has no predecessor and nothing following it. This means that like the dragon/giant aug, people get a purely gear-extraneous enhancement from it that lasts on their character forever. That sort of enhancement incentivizes hard backgearing similar to the problems with the giant and dragon aug. And backgearing at this tier is even worse than giant/dragons - since giants and dragons are mostly outdated content while rujik is going to be on the tier climbing stretch for a very long time. This is the reason why new augment creation is disallowed on new content except in rare situations, normally involving a quest without hard mob timers stopping its completion. (I.E. the non destroyable augment is something that takes player time and involves relatively noncontested mobs, not raid time and a long respawn timer.)

The alternative to this - and what marza was espousing - was to put bracer augs before and after this one in the tiers that make it a linear progression and not "Hit Rujik and get X increase forever".

Making it destroyable does not kill the backgear incentive entirely, but we decided it was the more equitable option to yanking the aug entirely. As for the augment being a "bonus loot", given the augment is basically a ~0-4ac (depending on previous aug), ~10-25 mana/hp (depending on previous aug), +5 to all resists, 2 stun resist, 1 damage reduction, 2 mind shield upgrade and a relatively nice cast proc, it is no different than getting a better pair of boots that you will have to upgrade again some point in the future. In fact it is even better than the boots, since that upgrade is being applied extraneous of normal gear in a way that is extremely rare.

The other alternative staff pushed around was to just pull it from the table and let it fade out over time, with those who already gotten it the lucky few. But that just shifts the pain, it does not eliminate it.

While the last idea is a feasible one, and one that would take the least amount of work. I was thinking about this on my spare time. Since these augs are destroyable, with no predecessor(minus dragon/giant/merc augs), and no possible content of augs forthcoming(as of yet, there is still the whole ikisith 2.0 afaik) There is little in the ways of getting these things into the hands of not only the top hat high end geared champions. I was thinking that since these things are pretty nice, would there be a way to work on a line of them for some people to get their hands on thoughout the tiers.

So placing quests mobs that have basically attempted to sneak out augs and in failed attempts to remove them from their owners grasps, have shattered into 4/6/8 pieces and are in need to be placed back together by collecting off of Raid/highend/mid-end group content in corresponding area's that would make sense for these monsters to possibly have these shattered gems of power.
E.g. Rohk gems aug shards can drop from high end FR content, Tur'ruj can drop from tears/kaesora (Of course all scalable in terms of strength and upgrade) but since these things have been destroyed into fragments of their previous selves, they need the hands of a skill jewel smith/amor smith/etc to be crafted back together.

I propose this, not only to allow their to be possible progression in the terms of augs for certain slots, but more then just high end raid guys that can kill tier 10+ mobs get their chance. But every day players have the chance to group up and get something beyond their tier because they have put the work in for it. Furthermore, it would allow trade skillers to have an option to make good on their trade, as they would need to craft something to allow the gem to bind.

Overall, making things be destroyable won't cause someone to get all angry as there is an alternative if they get an upgrade, allowing augs to flow more freely into the ikisith expansions and into every players possible grasp, hard core player or not, whilst allowing tradeskill peoples to do what they do best and make some coin on the side. Although, it would be quite a bit of work, placing new items into slots, recipes, mobs, quest mobs, context, etc. Although, I think it would be fun for lots of people.

Back
Top Bottom