Glex's feedback

Mastabrad

Dalayan Adventurer
Woah 2009 to 2021 back again.

Been playing seasonal and I did get hooked again. there was a few wars and did some raiding. I spent far too long in one zone getting from 40-60 overgrowth. I was a month late in joining but I did my best to rush up and catch up to my friends. so I was behind the level curve.

-Bounties-
Neat system however if you are not caught up to the pack your friends would be doing T2 bounties while you still are on T1 bounties. then just even next week they'd be on T3 bounties. I like how there is a bit of a story behind the bounty making it feel interesting. The T1 sorc's lab we didnt expect it to be in the maze for a T1 bounty considering t1 starts at 47 and sorc lab maze would be wild for a 47. we of course are plenty higher leveled now,
Also it ends there, after the daily bounty and if you missed the gap to t2. let people catch up for 1 point a day for a raid target?

-New area experience-
Very good change, does encourage exploring. I think this could go another step? Killing a mob type you haven't before should also be additional experience. Somewhat of a bestiary feel.

-Maps-
I see maps have not changed much. I think there is still a lot of opportunity here, get everyone to an outdoor zone. open 3-4 maps in a night. I wasn't able to get in on any map action as my current guild is trying to tier up. Maps need to be easier to open, instead of just being vendored. It is really great to walk through a zone and see a large group doing maps when you are just out for a run.
Now I want to suggest a path of exile map Atlas, get pieces of maps, trade them, combine them, the zone would have bonuses and penalties. minus heals, or additional ice damage.
x2 experience, or x3 plat drops. have it be a timed temporary zone.

-World events-
There are cool unique calendar days and some curses. I think there needs to be Worldwide events. bigger than wars. bigger than raids. Im talking...... SUMMON EVERYONE NOW....
Yeah... everyone summoned to an area, arena of gods. have this once a year? im talking truly epic. Have the gear be written in Egyptian language, and very very over tuned. As we know there are gods in the game of course and warring factions.

On a final note, I think seasonal characters should have a permanent 50% exp bonus. What is to keep me playing when the season is over when I can just hop on my old character with 600 aa's?

Woah 2009 to 2021 back again.

Been playing seasonal and I did get hooked again. there was a few wars and did some raiding. I spent far too long in one zone getting from 40-60 overgrowth. I was a month late in joining but I did my best to rush up and catch up to my friends. so I was behind the level curve.

-Bounties-
Neat system however if you are not caught up to the pack your friends would be doing T2 bounties while you still are on T1 bounties. then just even next week they'd be on T3 bounties. I like how there is a bit of a story behind the bounty making it feel interesting. The T1 sorc's lab we didnt expect it to be in the maze for a T1 bounty considering t1 starts at 47 and sorc lab maze would be wild for a 47. we of course are plenty higher leveled now,
Also it ends there, after the daily bounty and if you missed the gap to t2. let people catch up for 1 point a day for a raid target?
It's 10 bounties of a rank to ask for a promotion to be able to do the next rank. So you can catch up from "just started" to "2nd rank" in 5 days - hardly anything that would justify a speedup by raid targets. Your friends not helping you with the 1st rank bounties is a testimonial of their poor social skills.
Oh and for the record, the 1st rank bounty in sorcs can spawn off the ice kobolds at zonein.

It's 10 bounties of a rank to ask for a promotion to be able to do the next rank. So you can catch up from "just started" to "2nd rank" in 5 days - hardly anything that would justify a speedup by raid targets. Your friends not helping you with the 1st rank bounties is a testimonial of their poor social skills.
Oh and for the record, the 1st rank bounty in sorcs can spawn off the ice kobolds at zonein.
hey man awkward reply I suppose. I joined late. Also we were killing entrance mobs, must have just been unlucky. I don't think they should be gated. It's a BOUNTY... bounty should be open to everyone it's kind of silly for them to limit it. Maybe just have consecutive bounty completions reward more over time.

I agree, the 10 T2 requirements for T3 is annoying. I know it is for a feeling of progression. I also think 35 tokens for a necklace is annoying. I'd change both. Necklace should be free after doing ~30 total bounties.

hey man awkward reply I suppose. I joined late. Also we were killing entrance mobs, must have just been unlucky. I don't think they should be gated. It's a BOUNTY... bounty should be open to everyone it's kind of silly for them to limit it. Maybe just have consecutive bounty completions reward more over time.

think of it from a roleplaying standpoint. you wouldnt give a harder bounty to an adventurer that hasn't proven themselves.

think of it from a roleplaying standpoint. you wouldnt give a harder bounty to an adventurer that hasn't proven themselves.
But also from a RP standpoint: A toon dripping in t14 gear that is so powerful merely flexing in front of this bounty giver might cause his brain to explode... one day decides to take up bounty hunting as a break from slaying deities and dragons. This little bounty hunter really is going to tell this godlike being that they have to start in the kiddy pool because they haven't proven themselves?

Cause that is what I get told every time I try to go pick up a bounty and join my friends and forget I'm not keyed to the t3 bounties and doing a ton of rank 1 and 2 just so I can join in on 3s is meh. Obviously this is the extreme example but it happens to me and I have to say it feels bad from both a game play and RP standpoint. And since when do quest givers give a shit about the player's safety? Wanted posters don't have conditions on who turns them in, gatekeeping the harder bounties is pretty horrible.

No plans to adjust the bounty system.

Shards of Exile mapping system: Treasure maps now have augment slots~

No plans to adjust the bounty system.

Shards of Exile mapping system: Treasure maps now have augment slots~
yea haha, that would be great, buff up the map or nerf harder maps. that way they can still be interesting for top end raiders? and lightly toned down for lower tiers.
Or even buff up low end maps with aug for more plat/experience besides loot.

Back
Top Bottom