Giant faction quest hit changed or bugged?

GuiardoTuneweaver

Staff Emeritus
Before the "Velious" revamp:

It took Gunder ~114 orc teeth from max indifferent from killing to ally, including 30 teeth to get to warmly from kindly.

It too Pyxis 1 greater scale and ~100 orc teeth from max indifferent from killing to ally, including 30 teeth to get to warmly from kindly.

After the revamp:

It took one guildie ~94 lesser scales from max indifferent from killing to ally, including ~20 lesser scales to get to warmly from kindly.

It took another guildie 56 lesser scales, 1 greater scale, and 12 orc teeth from max indifferent from killing to ally (no breakdown).

Now I'm working on Deidden, and he has so far turned in 46 orc teeth, 54 lesser scales, and 2 greater scales, including 37 lesser scales and 13 orc teeth since hitting kindly, and is still in kindly. This is much more than any of the previous data points.

Have the faction hits for these quests been lowered, or am I bugged somehow?

Can any QDs confirm that the faction hits have or have not been changed? I don't want to keep factioning if I'm bugged and stuck some how. If they haven't changed, what's the procedure for having my factoin problem checked out?

Thanks

I started factioning after the revamp, but I noticed the difference between Jayelle and now Veruuca's factioning as well. I no longer have the exact numbers for Jay's turn ins (she did hers a couple months ago, and it was approximately a hundred orc teeth), but Veruuca has turned in 4 Greater Scales and 47 teeth (if my calculations are correct that is somewhere in the equivelant of 107(ish) orc teeth) and JUST turned warmly. IF it is still only 30(ish) orc teeth through warmly that seems to reflect a bit larger faction pool to get from max indiff to ally. I assumed it was due to my fat oogly Ogre race vs cute more charasmatic Dark Elf race. ::shrug::

dunno but it seems to be taking an awwwful lot of giant heads for me to get faction w/those damm dragons. Turned in 3 stacks or so already. Think I may still be amiably. Will have to check that.

To answer my own question, it appears I was not bugged, and that faction hits from the various quests have indeed changed.

Deidden hit ally last night. Here's the breakdown:

33 teeth, 2 greater scales, and 17 lesser scales to get through amiable
23 teeth and 37 lesser scales to get through kindly
12 teeth, 3 greater scales, and 38 lesser scales to get though warmly to ally

for a total of:
68 teeth, 5 greater scales, and 92 lesser scales to go from max-from-killing (indifferent) to ally.

Much more factioning required than previously experienced.

Wiz said nothing has changed. I asked. I see a difference from one toon to the next as well. Perhaps race plays a role (Jay turned in the equivelant of 84 teeth to get through warmly to ally. It took Veruuca 118 teeth to do the same.)?

I just turned in my 17th Greater Dragon Scale and yes, I am still at amiably. Something must have changed, because there is no way that handing in 17 greater dragon scales used to only get you to amiably. This is a bit crazy isnt it? I have now spent over 25 hours factioning in DHK and for what? If this pace keeps up I will easily have to spend another 25 to simply get to kindly, let alone warmly and ally. Am I supposed to spend upwards of 100 hours factioning to hand in gear that may or may not be upgraded, only to have the possibility of losing it if by chance I somehow mistakingly kill one giant? Isnt this a little rediculous?

LAWL ROFFLES ZOMG BWAHAHA etc al

20-25 hours factioning is cakesauce (not to sound insensitve and rude)!!! I spent MONTHS - as in since January of this year - xping/faction grinding at the mind numbing orc fort in EW and farming in DHK to get not just one BUT TWO toons to ally. I'm just glad it's finally over.

On a side note ... factioning shouldn't be easy. I am not asking for it to be changed to make it all candyland-like. I just want to confirm that there isn't a bug that lengthened one of the faction pools from the first time I got a toon through to ally, or that race does/doesn't play a factor.

Yet another data point:

Trysilla, wood-elf druid:

From max indifferent from killing:
43 orc teeth, 1 greater scale, and 1 lesser scale to get to kindly
1 greater scale and 29 lesser scales to get to warmly
26 orc teeth and 27 lesser scales to get to ally

for a total of
69 orc teeth, 2 greater scales, and 57 lesser scales to get from max indifferent to ally.

Considerably less than Deidden, but much more than the older data points. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom