Gemstone of the Scale/Storm Type 2 vs 5

Kedrin

Dalayan Pious Diety
I am going to be very honest and upfront from the get go. This post started out to be very self-centered, and then turned into a possible good idea. Even still, if any of these ideas do get implemented it would benefit me and that would be cool. Sorry I'm selfish...

I originally wanted to post about Gloves of Aerial Vibrations to see if they could be changed from a type 5 aug slot to a type 2.

I had some "great" reasons for the change:

- Aug Type 2 vs 5 on gloves really make zero difference since a nameless monk got Refuge Augs (that are type 5 only) nerfed and no longer have the ability to be placed into Hands and Feet slots. (well to be 100% correct they still can be placed into these items but in return you can no longer equip them). In short gloves having a T2 aug or T5 aug is moot.

- The icon used by these gloves (518) looks more armor like (metal) then fabric (cloth). 12 of the 19 gloves that have aug slots use the Type 2 aug slot so at least the majority of developers from past and present also feel the same way.

- The items lore is "Glove that makes you hear vibrations in the air! Like... sound! Uh... yeah.." and we all know it's more easy to produce sounds from from a metal material (Blacksmiting) then cloth (Tailoring).

Ok.. perhaps my reasons were terrible...

The main thing I wanted was to once again have the ability to use my Quest Augmentation Gemstone of the Scale.

I cut the heads off many a giant; dragging them behind me one by one, because they are so large, by their long frozen dreads. The repeated journeys to my winged friends were long and harsh but I had to gain the respect to be bestowed with the task to once and for all (for 5 days) end the great war between the Dragons and Giants. The task: to make waste of the mighty Frost King, Rymaz Sunbane. I did not let Empress Penerlia faith in me wary, I returned to her with the head of the once great king and in return she granted me the greatest gift, a remarkable Gemstone with 40 hp and mana....

And now I cant even use the thing. Of the 18 items I have equipped (that have the ability to be augmented) only one of them is a T2 and it is filled with an augment that would poof if I were to remove it.

Basically here is the problem:
Druids, Monks, Beastlords, Necromancers, Wizards, Magicians and Enchanters get a T5 quest aug
and...
Warriors, Clerics, Paladins, Shadowknights, Bards, Rogues, Shamans get a T2 quest aug slot

Both augs other then that are 100% the same. This just seems silly. I am not sure what the original idea for this was, but I can only guess this was not meant to be some in game Metagaming min/max scheme.

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [FACTION BOUND] [NO DROP] [AUGMENTATION]
Augmentation Type: 5
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
HP: +40 MANA: +40
SV FIRE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV POISON: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV MAGIC: +10
Stun Resist/Mind Shield: +5%
Restrictions: CHARM EAR HEAD FACE NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGERS CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
Class: DRU MNK BST NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

and

Augmentation Type: 2
Restrictions: CHARM EAR HEAD FACE NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGERS CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD RNG ROG SHM

Should be turned into:

Augmentation Type: 5
Class:
ALL

and

Augmentation Type: 2
Class:
ALL

both for the Gemstone of the Scale and Gemstone of the Storm. Any class should have the ability to turn in one type and get the other type so they can still only have one but also have the ability to equip the aug in any gear they choose. This would not only help me but other people. I simply can not be the only one that finds himself banking this quest aug due to my gear no longer having the correct slot type to put it in.

Sorry this post is so long and terrible. I have been banned for a long time and I am a bit rusty on making posts. Not that I was ever good at it....

Last edited:
I assume that the original idea was that plate = tanks/cleric/bard and chain = ranger/rogue/shaman so they get type 2 and the other classes get type 5. This makes sense when gear is actually organized that way and the ornate armor from DHK/SK is laid out that way as well.

Now that there's so many options for gear in the game though I think Kedrin's suggestion is a very good one. It would make life easier all around. Hell, it is called "Gemstone" of the Storm/Scale, you could go ahead and throw in a type 3 version as well.

Not a bad return post Kedrin, except that text I can only describe as "staring-into-the-sun yellow." Maybe that's just my computer.

Hell, it is called "Gemstone" of the Storm/Scale, you could go ahead and throw in a type 3 version as well.

I fear this would result in a balance issue. If it could be a Type 3 then no one would use the T2 or T5 version, but thanks for your post man.

Easy fix would be that you got to empress / king rymaz hand your aug in so you can choose from type 2 or type 5. I have the type 2 aug and you give it to your faction ncp and it hands you back same aug but type 5.

Make it like 1000pp to do it or require some "bounty" (collected hand in) so that the Empress/King would be willing to do this for the adventurer.

Make it like 1000pp to do it or require some "bounty" (collected hand in) so that the Empress/King would be willing to do this for the adventurer.

Why would this be necessary at all? This would simply just be more work for the dev to implement for no gain what so ever.

Turn in the T2 -> get a T5.
Turn in the T5 -> get a T2.

They have the same stats.

Yes, because you vanquishing their oldest enemy wasn't enough?
There are many quests in this game where you can swap the reward (the tmap one comes to mind, some diety augs), so not sure why this one should be any different. There really is no logical reason not to make it swappable between type 2 and 5, as should your MQ faction augs be able to be swapped, too.

I fear this would result in a balance issue. If it could be a Type 3 then no one would use the T2 or T5 version, but thanks for your post man.

Oh you're right I know I'd hate to lose out on that 6 mana.

For reals though, there are already swappable quest rewards. Why not this too?

There really is no logical reason not to make it swappable between type 2 and 5, as should your MQ faction augs be able to be swapped, too.

This is a good idea. Might was well do the same for CoI, BS and SC augs as well. Changing these things would be a good simple fix that wouldn't take much time but help players 'pains' without altering balance in any way.

This is a good idea. Might was well do the same for CoI, BS and SC augs as well. Changing these things would be a good simple fix that wouldn't take much time but help players 'pains' without altering balance in any way.

The existance of CoI/BS/SC augs is the reason for belts to have t5 augs all the way from BoE to t13. Alas, there are some items that for some reasons do not follow this policy. Mostly things that aren't just belts but also fit into other slots.

The existance of CoI/BS/SC augs is the reason for belts to have t5 augs all the way from BoE to t13. Alas, there are some items that for some reasons do not follow this policy. Mostly things that aren't just belts but also fit into other slots.

Well if this change went in then it would fix that.

Unless you guys want to make all hand items in the game T2, whatever is more easy for you guys.

Last edited:
Has anything been decided about this?

My guess is it will be ignored. I feel it's a good idea however they never seem to want to implement little changes that I introduce so I'm not super surprised.

Perhaps just asking for Gloves of Aerial Vibrations aug slot to be changed to T2 would have been been better.

Back
Top Bottom