Frost King

Bonk84

Dalayan Elder
So it's no surprise to anyone that the frost king is an easy fight for the aug compared to the dragon side of the house. Add the fact that hardly any guild at the moment kills dragons anymore for giant faction.

My suggestion is to change the encounter with the frost king, in that at ~10% he despawns and "Flee" to Storms Eye, and pops a chest with his current loot table minus the head. Then just add in a upgraded Frost King fight to Storms Eye just beyond the Grand Librarian, with an on-tier loot table compatable with Empress.

This would make obtaining the aug more compatable with obtaining the dragon aug, require dedication in obtaining the aug rather than a 30 min detour for top tier chars, and might balance out guilds decisions on which faction to follow.

Last edited:
As the proud owner of at least 2 empress heads, I'd like to say I'm OK with things as-is. As a poorly tied together add in I submit the fact that empress was also killed on spawn for at least 3 years...probly still is, but idk b/c I'm not there right now!

Then what would stop somebody from clearing to Empress and killing her 18 times in a row and getting heads for an entire raid within the span of about 2 hours?

Quest version mobs exist to repop quickly and act as stand ins for NPCs that are raided with long respawns so that players don't have to try competing with raids to turn in <insert quest item> to <monster X>. The only two exceptions to this that I know of are Mielech the Reanimated which is used for a quest turn in/kill and does not drop any of his loot, and Ganzese the Mercenary which only drops a key.

Sure, maybe the current implementation of dropping 1 head is somewhat cumbersome to try to get augs for all your raiders but changing the thing to drop essentially every 5 minutes is not a solution.

One possible idea would be to have, for example, Empress drop say 4 quest pieces such as a scale instead of the head, but then that ruins the flavor of your faction's leader saying "BRING ME THEIR HEAD TO PUT ON DISPLAY".

As the proud owner of at least 2 empress heads, I'd like to say I'm OK with things as-is. As a poorly tied together add in I submit the fact that empress was also killed on spawn for at least 3 years...probly still is, but idk b/c I'm not there right now!

It stays up for days now.

I suggested that this get re-balanced a long time ago and I just got laughed at. People like to have imbalanced things in this game. I really doubt it changes now. People who are on giant faction are just silly/stupid.

I am pretty sure I made a thread about this and its still as ridiculous as it was then. There is zero reason to kill dragons except maybe that malo clicky which you could get and then switch sides for your aug. Or maybe you are a ranger and you are eternally screwed by the inclusion of the vah quest and status of permanent death that is parcelains notlife.

I agree with the above two posts. No idea why the giant aug is so much harder to get but has mind shield instead of stun resist. I don't necessarily think it needs to have greater stats, but it should def have the better secondary effect

I agree that this is kind of odd. I would love to swap over and kill dragons but I got my Frost king Head aug and its not worth it for me to swap.
Making the aug more common I think might allow for people to swap dragons - giants easily.
You can argue its not realiztic to be BFF's with people then kill them all then be BFF's again. But then again slaying dragons or respawning isn't very realistic eather.

Long story short I agree with making these augs more common.

Spoiler: once you have an aug, you can never get another aug again, nor swap faction and get their aug.

Thats good to know I think I knew this at one point but long forgot it. I'll probably just raid Dragons with my ench.

idk mind shield seems harder to cap than stun resist (hello charms)...buffing the dragon aug sounds pretty great....also just throwin this out there for kicks, flavor-wise some bane damage on the augs would be kinda neat. Kill the empress get free bane-dragon dmg on your aug, kill Frost King get free bane-giant (or humanoid or whatever it is giants are body-typed as, idr)

maybe keep stun resist on the dragon aug but make the giant aug have mind shield AND stun resist

Back
Top Bottom