Flagging Problem for Newport Ring Quest 2-3

yosto

Dalayan Beginner
Hi,

I believe based on trying to /petition in game, that this is the proper way to ask for help with a quest bug?

I have a level 37 WoodElf Druid that is in between Newport Ring Quest 2 and 3.

Sergeant Hasley (or whatever his last name is) tells me to go talk to Captain Thalas. but Captain Thalas says I have to talk to Sergeant Hasley.

I've done the quest before, and it seems to me that I'm not properly flagged (and I did get the new corporal ring from Hasley).

How do I go about asking for help? Druid's character name is Stod.

Thanks.

Same issue

I am currently haveing the same issue. Halsey says "Corporal Silsu go speak to Thalas". Thalas says, "Scout Silsu. Sergeant Halsey needs to verify your promotion."

I made a change to the code since people were pretty regularly going onto thalas' part without turning in their ring to Halsey, and then would get massively bugged down the line. Let me take a look and see what is going on.

Edit - My guess is that if you had gotten your corporal's ring prior to my change but hadn't yet talked to Thalas, there would be an issue.

Edit2 - Yep, that was the problem. It is an easy fix, though. If you have this issue, petition in game and any GM should be able to fix it for you.

Last edited:
great thanks! i did not want to petition and get banned =p

We don't ban people for petitioning here. Please do not be afraid to ask for help if you think something is wrong.

I am working on testing a fix for this at the moment that won't require GM handling. You can also petition if you are online right now and I can fix it for you.

well, when i tried to /petition online, it said for quest bugs, to bring it here.. so i did :)

it also said failure to follow the /petition rules could result in a ban.

well, when i tried to /petition online, it said for quest bugs, to bring it here.. so i did :)

it also said failure to follow the /petition rules could result in a ban.

I just put the fix in. Let me know if you have any further issues. You should talk to Sergeant Halsey first.

I believe they have fixed this issue globally now. I really appericated the fast friendly service of the gm(s) here, you guys put "live" to shame! Keep up the excellent customer service!!

character name: Nuglug

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom