Feedback request: Quests added November 9th

Xeldan

Staff Emeritus
Please post any feedback you have on the quests which were added on November 9th, 2005. You can find the update notes here if you're not sure which quests I'm refering to. Thanks in advance!

A mid-level quest has been added to Erudin.

I am 99.9% sure I have hailed every NPC in Erudin and the palace with my level 44 wood elf druid who is ally to Erudin and can find no new quests. Is this a class restricted quest?

Think some of the mobs you are supposed to kill in Eastern Waste could use a bump on their spawn rate or population density.

EDIT: Assuming this is the right quest (Tribby) then the two mobs you have to kill for the second part seem very hard to find roaming in EW I have been at it for about 3 hours total with track and have manage to find 3 of one and maybe 7 of the others.

Xeldan, I /bugged this, but wanted to post here anyways as I think this may be related to the new quests. There is a Sensei Mukar on the balcony of a building in Erudin who will not respond to hails from monks (though I am amiable on my monk) but will respond to hails from other classes (something about being guided by strength) even though they are dubious. Doesn't seem to me like this is working correctly.

Just wanted to let you know! Thanks!

I'll get Sensei Mukar fixed, and look into the spawn rates of some of the mobs for Tribby.

Xeldan said:
I'll get Sensei Mukar fixed, and look into the spawn rates of some of the mobs for Tribby.

Have you had a chance to tweak the spawns yet? I went back last night and spent another 1.5hours looking around east waste with track and found 2 total of the mobs that he asks you to retrieve items from. This makes this quest at about 7hours total in game time. Is that intended?

Spent a little over 1.5 hours in Eastern Wastes looking for Snow Griffons and Manticores. I basically killed everything that moved that wasn't a giant and Selo'd my way around the zone. I pretty much had the zone to myself so it wasn't like I was clearing the spawn and someone else was cherry picking the quest mobs.

I found and killed 2 Manticores and 5 Snow Griffons during that time. No quest drops.

Observations: With Selo's and tracking I cover a lot of ground. Eastern Wastes is a large zone with low mob density. It's not uncommon to run around and not see a mob for a large period of time. Tracking can be very empty in areas with no static spawns.

I'm going to be modifying the droprates of all of these next patch. They should drop appropriately compared to mob rarity.

If one of the new Thurgadin quests involves Durbas' the Blacksmith, then I guess this post goes here.

I was factioning with my ranger, Brandar, in the GD caves and noticed the Cave Wyrm hearts. A quick search of the wiki said they were related to the blacksmith so I kept them. After hailing him and his assistant, I found I needed 3 so gave them to him. He rewarded me with a bit of exp and gave me Durbas' Mining Pick which has a click effect of Collect Ore. I returned to the caves and used it on "an ore deposit" per his request.

After each cast I got the message:
"You find a piece of Raw Frost Steel! Frost Steel Ore mined: x / 10"

After it reached 10/10 I returned to Durbas. I hailed him and he said "Huh? Get on out there and get ten pieces of Frost Steel before I put my boot in yer behind!". So, I returned to the ore deposits but the clicky on the pick no longer works. I no longer get any type of msg when I use the pick. I even tried logging out and back in, no change. I never received any ore from the first 10 clicks but the "an ore depost" would despawn after 3 clicks each. I did have an item on my cursor while I was clicking the pick from inventory.

Hmm, very odd. I'll check into that Garluk.

Edit: Ore should be fixed, I'll look for you to get your ore you missed out on.

Regarding Tribby the trapper in Eastern Wastes. I was able to get the drops from manticors and snow griffons easily enough after the patch. Finished the quest and received Cold Iron Gauntlets. Are these supposed to be an upgrade to the othmir plate quest armor or an alternative to othmir plate quest armor? If they are alternative to othmir plate, they are fine. If they are supposed to be an upgrade to othmir plate, I suggest improving the quest reward. (I'm guessing the reward is tailored to your armor type and a ranger who completes this gets a chain piece.)

Masterwork Golden Platemail gloves
ac:10 Hp:+10 Mana:+30 wt:6.5
war clr pal shd brd

Cold Iron Gauntlets
ac:10 str:+2 dex:+2 int:+3 wt:4.5 req level:30
war clr pal shd brd

Back
Top Bottom