Fantasy Patch Notes

Enderi

Dalayan Adventurer
Because of all the hard work in pushing for 2.5, and the addition of SoD to the main EQemu login screen, many changes are being conducted in the following weeks to improve quality of life on SoD. The goal of these changes is to improve the overall satisfaction of existing players, and to assist new players enjoy all of what shards has to offer.

Bounty System
-Rank 1 bounty posters extended to 4 per day up from 2
-Rank 2 bounty posters extended to 2 per day up from 1
-Removed the restriction of having to have completed several unique bounties before repeating a bounty. This unnecessary restriction caused difficulties in forming groups.
-Added several new pieces of armor for purchase on bounty merchants. Allowing some gear customization and to facilitate a progression path for our new players, who may or may not have access to raids.
-The bounty choker stats have been modified and has been converted into an XPable item. This is to encourage players to purchase and neck and ease travel for players farming bounties.

Travel
-MoP is now available to the Murk / Dreadlands - After the heroic efforts of Dalayans defeating the forces of Kaezul, the MoP restrictions to Ikisith have been relinquished. The flag quest will still be required in order to use these portals, and it will port you into the heart of the Gruplok/Refuge establishments, so perhaps pay them a visit before popping in unannounced.

Buffs
-Permanent and Soulbond buffs have been restored to players. Each character may have up to 5 Soulbond/Permanent buffs at any given time. Grab your favorites and go spend more time killing and less time in Athica!

Tradeskills
-Mystic Ash / Balsam / Ectoplasam / Robot Oil have had their drop rates increased. This includes existing drop locations, and these items have been added to the loot tables of mobs where it made sense to do so.
-Shadow Silk have had their drop rates increased. This includes existing drop locations, and these items have been added to the loot tables of mobs where it made sense to do so.
-Deepmetal Ore is now slightly easier to find
-Pristine Ikisith Hides can now be found on wildlife throughout Ikisith. This can be used to create high quality T5 augs. This is to adjust for the price discrepancy between T5 and T2 augs, and to give the snow kobolds a break.
-Added one new blacksmith pattern, difficult to farm and hard to combine, akin to Mantle of the Forest. Check your local Tradeskill vendor for details.
-Added one new Jewelcrafting pattern, difficult to farm and hard to combine, akin to Mantle of the Forest. Check your local Tradeskill vendor for details.

Quests
-Added several *quest versions of various rare and contested NPC to improve quality of life and reduce bottlenecking on various quests. The spawn rate of these added *versions is not instant, but drastically improved. Looking at you Ancient Tarlisha Elthannar and Parcelian the Devourer to name a few.
-Increased the drop rate for "relic hunters" in the lower tier planar zones.
-Increased drop rate of Vah quest pieces in lower tier raid zones.
-New Quests - 1 new quest was added to the Darkwoods, Red sun Peaks and the Plaguelands. These quests are acquired and completed entirely in their respective zones. This is part of an ongoing effort to give people real incentive to travel to new zones. More to follow!

Treasure Maps
-Increased drop/fish rate of ED maps to correct for the hyperinflation in their value since the inception of the vah.
-Loot from VE/E/Mod maps have been reevaluated and slightly retuned to better meet the needs of the modern Dalayan adventurer. Keep on the lookout for a few new pieces as well, a few classes (tank) is underrepresented in this tier and these adjustments aim to correct that.
-E maps have had their waves adjusted to remove waves of light blue mobs.
-VE/E/Mod maps have had their drop/fish rate increased. Due to increased quality of loot be prepared to fight a few extra waves on average to earn your prize! The goal is to make maps a somewhat viable option as an XP in strange lands as well as loot scoop.

XP
-XP rates have been adjusted across all level 65 dungeons. The rate of adjustment is determined by the difficulty and tier of the zone. High end dungeons have received the largest adjustment. This is to give high tier players a reason to venture into more difficult zones.
-Area penalty remains intact. It is clear this is a strong aspect of the vision the staff holds for SoD. The numbers have been reevaluated however and the amount of xp required for a reset have been reduced.

Money
-Coin drop rates have been increased across all level 65 dungeons. The rate of adjustment is determined by the difficulty and tier of the zone. High end dungeons have received the largest adjustment. This is to give players incentive to group rather then solo farming DN rats for coin.

Charms/Tomes
No Change. With many of the new changes, it will be possible for more people to simply play the game. These achievements will come fluidly and naturally as people kill monsters with their new companions.

Oh to dream...

I'll lower some of the restrictions on bounties since I made them up arbitrarily in the first place, but won't change the fact that bounties are too difficult relative to the tiny numbers of people who could benefit from doing them; it's just not viable as an alternate way to gear up in its current form. Much rather see it taken out and something else made from scratch with clearer goals. It's just not a good system.

I'll lower some of the restrictions on bounties

I take this back. The bounty-giver script is a horribly convoluted mess written in the old pseudo-scripting language. Right now the limits per day and the "unique repeats" restriction are the only thing to prevent you being able to do the same bounty over and over and over on the same day. Eliminating the unique repeat restriction and expanding the number you can do in a day will definitely require the whole thing to be rewritten from scratch, probably with a proper purpose-made database rather than the 30 flags it juggles right now. 100% not worth the effort just to end up with a slightly modified version of the same shitty thing.

Travel
-MoP is now available to the Murk / Dreadlands - After the heroic efforts of Dalayans defeating the forces of Kaezul, the MoP restrictions to Ikisith have been relinquished. The flag quest will still be required in order to use these portals, and it will port you into the heart of the Gruplok/Refuge establishments, so perhaps pay them a visit before popping in unannounced.

Bind there. Use Athica/Newport/Sadri/whatever gate neck. Gate.

Treasure Maps
-Increased drop/fish rate of ED maps to correct for the hyperinflation in their value since the inception of the vah.

They have been 12-15k since the first people started doing them. I can remember bid wars just for the GEAR. I dropped the price on my fisher to 8kish for a while... and have done deals in the past for less than listsold. Now I keep my price the way I want due to the fact I actually do them, when I could make more money selling them for 7-8k (hello, people actually needing relics, the gear).

Drop rate is a bit low, but I can make more than 10k in the two weeks it takes to fish one fishing every night... with two fishers.

Grinkles knows how to get the SoD population all hot and bothered.

I take this back. The bounty-giver script is a horribly convoluted mess written in the old pseudo-scripting language. Right now the limits per day and the "unique repeats" restriction are the only thing to prevent you being able to do the same bounty over and over and over on the same day. Eliminating the unique repeat restriction and expanding the number you can do in a day will definitely require the whole thing to be rewritten from scratch, probably with a proper purpose-made database rather than the 30 flags it juggles right now. 100% not worth the effort just to end up with a slightly modified version of the same shitty thing.
I for one actually like bounty hunting and think it could be a decent alternative to help people gear. I also like how it gets people to quite a few zones they would otherwise not visit. The restrictions are brutal per day are brutal. It is too bad it can't be changed easily :(

lynnettell said:
Bind there. Use Athica/Newport/Sadri/whatever gate neck. Gate.
Honestly, I personally think 'bind there' is very poor solution to the travel issues surrounding the expansion... Especially when you want to travel to BQ and don't have refuge faction.

I'll lower some of the restrictions on bounties since I made them up arbitrarily in the first place, but won't change the fact that bounties are too difficult relative to the tiny numbers of people who could benefit from doing them; it's just not viable as an alternate way to gear up in its current form. Much rather see it taken out and something else made from scratch with clearer goals. It's just not a good system.

I like the bounty system, I just wish there was more different bounties available, and more gear worth earning. Many of us who like the system, can envision a great possible alternate path to gear up, if the pieces were there to buy, and the system upgraded to actually get a bounty group together and go knock a bunch out at once.

I feel the same way Darksabbath about the Bounty System. With a few minor tweaks it could be great, if it was possible to knock out a few extra per day, and buy gear slots beyond the belt to stick those augs, I probably would not have raided as much as I did haha.

I don't understand why your so hard on yourself here Zaela, you came up with something really neat, and with just a few minor tweaks it would be great. If you feel the script needs an overhaul so be it, but to scrap the whole concept rather then repair it to me seems like it would be a horrible waste.

Back
Top Bottom