< Equilibrium > (AU/NZ + timezones)

Volkier

Dalayan Beginner
Seeing as how there was no guilds in this timezone, I've decided that what the heck - we might as well give it a shot. Anyway, here is the blubber of it:

Vision:
Our aim is, to progress up from the lower tiers with the right people in the 'currently dead' timezone, and see how far we can get in the game. We are not high tiered, we don't have access to ringers, and we don't have an end game tank and healer to carry us through raid targets (unless we get a bunch of end game players join us at one go - which is highly unlikely). If you are looking for a guild that you can piggy-back in on raids and upgrade your characters quickly, we are not for you. If you want to actively participate in the growth and advancement of a guild, as well as yourself, whilst understanding that it may be a long and somewhat... painful... ride, then please consider us :)

Raid Times:
Currently 'trying' to stick to the schedule of:
- (Wed) 1900Hrs NZST / 1600-1700Hrs AU (State Pending) / 0100Hrs EST / 0600Hrs GMT
- Any other time of the week we got enough willing participants on. In fact, this seems to happen more often than the schedule raid time half the time, since we are still in the 'growing' stage.

Loot Distribution:
Loot is distributed via the Loot Council, currently consisting of the three guild officers. Factors considered when distributing loot is:
- The player class (eg. Healing inc. item upgrades would generally go to healers)
- The Guild's need (eg. Upgrading our main tanks and healers would mean we can upgrade everyone else more efficiently)
- The player's need (eg. How much of an upgrade the item actually is)
- The player's overall contribution (eg. If they logged on for the first time in three weeks, just in time to kill the named after everyone else spent hours clearing to it)
- Previous upgrades (eg. If you've already looted two items in the same raid)

Bear in mind, not all raids and not all drops will be distributed by the council. In fact, so far we tend to end up randing (or players deciding themselves to pass the item on to someone else) more stuff than not.

Rules:
These are fairly straight forward:
- Don't be an asshole and/or an idiot. To anyone in the guild or outside of the guild. Most of us here, play SoD to enjoy some time after long hours at work, where we all I'm sure are already over dealing with idiots, and constant whiners. The last thing anyone wants is to experience the same in game.
- Show respect. Everyone screws up, has a bad day, or makes mistakes, at one point or another. If you are the above, apologise and get on with fixing whatever you've broken. If you are affected by someone else doing the above, be mature about it and don't smash your keyboard raging at everyone around you. Shit happens - take it as a learning experience for everyone involved.
- Basically be a decent, sensible person others want to hang out with. It's not that hard :
- Keep the unstable drama out of guild-chat. If someone is pissing you off and you want to stab them in the eye with a blunt rusty spoon, don't make a scene about it please. It would be that much harder to track if for when you carry through with the above in real life.

Requirements:
- Recruitment process would likely go through at least two officers - unless someone can personally vouch for you. Only reason being that, generally almost everyone knows everyone else, considering the small population in this timezone, and if you have a history of being an asshole, you would likely not be accepted.
- Comply with the "don't be an asshole" clause - as per above.
- Play in the times listed above. That's the whole point of the guild remember?
- Be able to read chat, process what you have read, and react based on what you have processed by either replying or pressing a button or two within a reasonable amount of time.
- Be level 65. Preferably with a few AAs and most of your 'standard' quests done. We are not asking for a crap load of AAs or demand completed quests or any of that - beggars can't be choosers and all that - but you need to at least show that you are committed in some way shape or form (and are more useful in a raid environment). Exceptions DO happen in certain circumstances, so if you feel everything else matches, and you are close to being there, asking would not hurt. Especially as we have taken in numerous mid-50s who are in the process of progressing to 65, so we can start gearing them and whatnot.

* Do note, attitude does come above gear and AAs - as those can be acquired at a later stage.

Additional Notes:
We are currently gearing people up with VD maps, and have successfully done T4 ish content. We have also started seeing regular raids now that our numbers are growing - so there's only one way to go from there, but for now I can finally say what tier we are, that being T3-T4 guild.

Also, we are dragon faction, killing giants every now and again ::)

Class Needs:

HIGH DEMAND
- Wizard (REALLY desperate for wizards....)
- Druid (... and more druids)
- Wizard (Like REALLY REALLY Desperate for wizards)
- Beastlord (Please? One isn't enough)
- Enchanter (We've got a few boxes, but need someone to main one)
- Monk (Moved to high demand, because our current monk is the only one capable of boxing other roles)

MODERATE DEMAND

- Rogue (Someone maining one instead of just having boxes would be really really nice)
- Mage (Same with mage)
- Ranger (And Ranger)
- Bard (Only under moderate demand if the couple others come back to SoD after disappearing, but either way, can always use more bards)
- Shaman (We've got one who we are gearing up, but another wouldn't hurt - considering shamans are a rare sight indeed)

LOW DEMAND
- Necro (Think one more necro would max us out on active necros - not including those who play once in a while)
- Cleric (Got room for one in raids, and one more cleric never hurts)

NO DEMAND (*Generally means we already have 3 or more active people - but send tells anyway ::p)
- Warrior (We've got a main warrior tank.....)
- Paladin (.... and a guild Pally....)
- Shadowknight (.... and most people who join with another class, bring some kind of a tank box ....)

... HOWEVER - if you are a tank with 7khp, 1.6k AC, (or better if possible), we would absolutely love to have you since it would mean you can main tank for us ::)

How to apply:
- Contact either myself (Volkier), Belkrabam or Illinilera in game. Or leave a post here. Or use your detective powers to find and stalk one of us in-game. Let us know who you are, when you usually play, if you got a box you want to play (we are very box-friendly, although it WOULD be nice to get to having full 18 people without boxes eventually) and if you are willing to box anyone if you don't have one.

Alternatively, you can find all the above info and apply through http://equilibriumsod.guildlaunch.com/

Last edited:
Glad to see you got the name worked out and are getting started, good to see some interest this late at night. You can sign me up as a Bard looking to start low tiers and try some new content.

Glad to see you got the name worked out and are getting started, good to see some interest this late at night. You can sign me up as a Bard looking to start low tiers and try some new content.

Sure - poke me in game when you are on :)

Updated.

Also we are gearing people with 6manned content and whatnot until we get the numbers in the right timezone to raid stuff bigger than T1. Don't need much, other than a 65 who can push a bunch of buttons now and again.

Updated with classes / raid times etc.

Also we've pretty much started raiding low-ish T2 stuff - with a fair success (hey, it's hard without ringers ok? ::p ) - as well as slowly growing in size. Albeit still slowly. Plenty of room for more cool people to join us ::D

Updated again. We are growing very slowly, but we are growing nevertheless. It will be a long and bumpy ride before we consistently able to always man enough people for whatever we want to do at any moment of time, but we are here for the long haul ::D

UPDATE:

Please contact Belkrabam, or Illinilera or anyone from the guild to steer you in the right direction for the time being, as I am extremely full on at work, and am MIA-ing from SOD until sometime next week (from the looks of it).

Apologies to everyone. Shit is keeping me more busy than I anticipated.

EDIT: And I'm back. Feel free to convo me in game now.

Last edited:
Updated main post again, now that we've had a few successful raids, and it's a little clearer who is active and isn't and so on.

NEED MORE PHYSICAL PEOPLE. If you are level 1, but know the game through playing live, and want to box a 65 toon on raids while questing and working on your main in the background - send tells! If we have one person for every available box, we would probably be able to man nearly three full raids at the same time.

This is pretty much a character development guild itching to raid face. Don't care how bad you are, we'll gear you and teach you how to not be useless.

Punch & Pie

If you play late or during the day US time you hit our peak hours, you don't have to be Aussie or Kiwi to join it just helps. You pretty much just can't be a tool.

Back
Top Bottom