eqgame.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Wit

Dalayan Adventurer
The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_room_type@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\\Desktop\Everquest F2P\eqgame.exe.

I just copy/pasted a steam installed EQ to my desktop and ran the patcher. It patches fine but when I hit run I get this. Any ideas?

I am also getting this from Steam installed as well as SoE installed and think it might be due to their new client which no longer supports Vista. Any work around on this?

I was having this problem, but I finally got it to run. (Win 10)
I uninstalled EQ steam client, and also uninstalled Steam.
Rebooted, ran CCleaner utility's Registry "Scan for Issues" and "Fix Selected(ALL) Issues".
CCleaner Free Utility Download from the official site: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Rebooted, reinstalled Steam. Made a new steam Library directory. Added EverQuest Free-to-Play from Steam STORE.
When it was added to my Steam LIBRARY, on the left I right-clicked to open the game properties.
I unchecked "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" and unchecked "Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active"
As soon as the steam eq client download was complete,

THINGS I DID NOT DO:
I NEVER RAN THE GAME "EverQuest Free-to-Play" FROM STEAM
and NEVER RAN THE DEFAULT PATCHER "LaunchPad.exe"

I went back to game properties in Steam Library >Local Files (TAB) > BROWSE LOCAL FILES
Opened the install directory. ALT+UP_ARROW or navigate to the parent directory
(example)Mine was "D:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common"
I copied the Everquest F2P folder to a different directory
(example) "D:\Games\SOD"
Downloaded the latest SoD Patcher from https://shardsofdalaya.com/files.htm
Placed it in "D:\Games\SOD", and right clicked on the file, selected properties > Compatability (TAB)
Checked "Run this program as an administrator"
Clicked "Browse" by the white bar for "Everquest Directory"
Navigated to my copied Everquest F2P directory
(example) "D:\Games\SOD\Everquest F2P"
Checked "Repatch All"
Let the patch run, the CLOSED the patcher
Ran OptionsEditor.exe from the game directory. Clicked through some random settings until it closed.
Ran SOD Patcher again
With Repatch All unchecked > (clicked) Patch and Run
After load > (clicked) Run Game
Worked

Every step I described here may not be necessary, but this is how I was able to get it to run after suffering that same issue

I was having this problem, but I finally got it to run. (Win 10)
I uninstalled EQ steam client, and also uninstalled Steam.
Rebooted, ran CCleaner utility's Registry "Scan for Issues" and "Fix Selected(ALL) Issues".
CCleaner Free Utility Download from the official site: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Rebooted, reinstalled Steam. Made a new steam Library directory. Added EverQuest Free-to-Play from Steam STORE.
When it was added to my Steam LIBRARY, on the left I right-clicked to open the game properties.
I unchecked "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" and unchecked "Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active"
As soon as the steam eq client download was complete,

THINGS I DID NOT DO:
I NEVER RAN THE GAME "EverQuest Free-to-Play" FROM STEAM
and NEVER RAN THE DEFAULT PATCHER "LaunchPad.exe"

I went back to game properties in Steam Library >Local Files (TAB) > BROWSE LOCAL FILES
Opened the install directory. ALT+UP_ARROW or navigate to the parent directory
(example)Mine was "D:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common"
I copied the Everquest F2P folder to a different directory
(example) "D:\Games\SOD"
Downloaded the latest SoD Patcher from https://shardsofdalaya.com/files.htm
Placed it in "D:\Games\SOD", and right clicked on the file, selected properties > Compatability (TAB)
Checked "Run this program as an administrator"
Clicked "Browse" by the white bar for "Everquest Directory"
Navigated to my copied Everquest F2P directory
(example) "D:\Games\SOD\Everquest F2P"
Checked "Repatch All"
Let the patch run, the CLOSED the patcher
Ran OptionsEditor.exe from the game directory. Clicked through some random settings until it closed.
Ran SOD Patcher again
With Repatch All unchecked > (clicked) Patch and Run
After load > (clicked) Run Game
Worked

Every step I described here may not be necessary, but this is how I was able to get it to run after suffering that same issue

I just installed Steam on another system and did everything else in the order you described and got it to work. When I ran the patcher it downloaded a lot more files that before so the key was to not let Steam or Launchpad run and install more files past the initial Steam EQ FTP download.

I had another system I was also having the same problem with (Win 10) and all I did on this one was completely delete the EQFTP folder from Steam and re-downloaded it. I did not uncheck the overlay or run cc check or uninstall Steam. All I did was NOT to run the game from in steam not run the launcher. Once the game was downloaded from steam I copied the files to my SoD directory I had made, patched it and all went great.

The error has to come with patching files past the initial steam download.

Unfortunately after having deleted and downloaded 10G of files three times trying to get this to go away, I still cannot play the game. The first time I made the mistake of hitting "play" on the EQ patcher just to see if it worked, but the other two times I just downloaded the files and went straight to the SoD patcher.

I would love to be able to play SoD again but I am really losing my patience with this problem....

Try this:
  1. Close Steam
  2. Go to ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps or wherever your main SteamApps folder is.
  3. Create and open a new file called "appmanifest_205710.acf"
  4. Copy and paste the following into "appmanifest_205710.acf" and save it:

"AppState"
    {
    "AppID" "205710"
    "Universe" "1"
    "installdir" "Shards"
    "StateFlags" "1026"
    }

5. Save and restart Steam, if done right this should force Steam to download Everquest from the Steam App database.
  6. Once the game is downloaded, close Steam, and then move the downloaded directory to wherever you want your SoD client to live, you should find it in ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Shards

Thanks for the suggestions averyone. It appears that the Daybreak Games method is broken (I recommend removing it from the Installation Guide page) but after following several suggestions involving Steam, I finally got the game to work!

Now the issue is that the login no longer recognizes my username/password and it must be linked to some ancient email that I no longer use and/or remember.

Working on getting in.....

Back
Top Bottom