EQ for macs?

i think i remember someone said they play on a mac with a windows emulator, but i dont think the actual eqmac client would work

I play on a macbook pro, I just use bootcamp with windows XP.

EDIT:

I used to play on parallel's, which would allow me to run 1 client on it (windows booted in OSX) but I would highly suggest just getting bootcamp if you want to box and have faster framerates.

Hi Waldoff, can you advise how you set this up or link to someone who has? My searches on the interwebs and my attempts have not been successful.

It seems simple enough to just install wine, point to appropriate locations, and such. With my mac, I get an error after patching (which works fine) then it says unable to load eqw.dll.

I am using a Mac as my primary these days and it would be nice to run it on both my Mac and PC.

Thanks.

Yeah I've not heard of much success with this unfortunately. You *would* think it would be a simple Wine thing, but it doesn't seem that's the case, at least this is what I've heard anecdotally.

I've had great success playing on Linux (I can't even play on Windows), but Mac seems not good. I don't know why.

It's possible the newer clients will work once 3.0 comes out - you could always see if you could LEGALLY BUY a Seeds of Destruction or Underfoot copy and see if you can load that to Live, then at least you'll know it will work once 3.0 is released.

If anyone has any success contrary to the above, please post it here - it would be highly useful.

Hi Waldoff, can you advise how you set this up or link to someone who has? My searches on the interwebs and my attempts have not been successful.

It seems simple enough to just install wine, point to appropriate locations, and such. With my mac, I get an error after patching (which works fine) then it says unable to load eqw.dll.

I am using a Mac as my primary these days and it would be nice to run it on both my Mac and PC.

Thanks.

Are you using EQW or not? If you are, try not using EQW to play when using Wine. Just use the native client windowing ability.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Are you using EQW or not? If you are, try not using EQW to play when using Wine. Just use the native client windowing ability.

I've tried it both ways. I tried using EQW, when after patching you point EQW to eqgame and hit go and it crashes (I tried this with fix .ini on and off).

When I try unchecking use EQW checkbox in patcher, it launches fine. It brings up welcome screens and I go through the configuration wizard; however, I have no control of the mouse. I try to move it up and it brings it right back down. I get through the wizard, login to my account and hit play. It immediately appears to start, but soon crashes. Error window says click for details, I do and it says wait for details but never populates anything.

I am still playing with this and will update this thread if I have any success, I'd appreciate any responses from other players who may come across this and have any suggestions.

For reference - Mac OS X 10.8.4, i7, 16GB RAM, this is the early 2011 model MBP (MacBookPro8,2) the first to introduce thunderbolt port. It supports graphics switching between Radeon HD 6750M and Intel HD 3000 chips.

Edit - I have EQW working, I am at launch screen with my character. I set wine to emulate a virtual desktop; however, I have no mouse or keyboard control to log my guy in but have full control until I get to login screen. I tried the EQW commands to grab the input but its not working yet. I'll keep plugging away at this. Again, any suggestions LMK.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Help please!

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've tried it both ways. I tried using EQW, when after patching you point EQW to eqgame and hit go and it crashes (I tried this with fix .ini on and off).

When I try unchecking use EQW checkbox in patcher, it launches fine. It brings up welcome screens and I go through the configuration wizard; however, I have no control of the mouse. I try to move it up and it brings it right back down. I get through the wizard, login to my account and hit play. It immediately appears to start, but soon crashes. Error window says click for details, I do and it says wait for details but never populates anything.

I am still playing with this and will update this thread if I have any success, I'd appreciate any responses from other players who may come across this and have any suggestions.

For reference - Mac OS X 10.8.4, i7, 16GB RAM, this is the early 2011 model MBP (MacBookPro8,2) the first to introduce thunderbolt port. It supports graphics switching between Radeon HD 6750M and Intel HD 3000 chips.

Edit - I have EQW working, I am at launch screen with my character. I set wine to emulate a virtual desktop; however, I have no mouse or keyboard control to log my guy in but have full control until I get to login screen. I tried the EQW commands to grab the input but its not working yet. I'll keep plugging away at this. Again, any suggestions LMK.

Thanks.

Hey guys! I just recently heard of shards from a friend and became really interested. However, i use a macbook pro as well, i got crossover to work (finally) and when i get into the character selection screen i get the same problem, my mouse will not move and i have no keyboard control. How did you fix this? any help would be great! thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom