Ench/???

Tsun

Dalayan Beginner
Enchanter is the only class I never really played on live that I always wanted to try out.

Is Ench/Wiz a viable duo? Ench charms and cc's to get solo pulls, wiz snares the charmed pet and then sits back and nukes the target?

If not, what is a better partner for the ench?

Everyone has opinions on what would make a good duo with class X. Probably just about anything would work if you want to make it work. That said, here's what I would consider boxing with an Enchanter in rough order:

Paladin: Holy Trinity in a box
Shaman: Anyone need buffs?
Mage: Complement each other's weaknesses well
Cleric: "Cleric/Enchanter looking fo"... let me finish typing before you invite guys!
Wizard: a bit limited and high risk, but therein lies fun
Druid: Druid boxes well with everything and PLs great, kinda generic
Ranger: Server first?

Enchanter / Magician would be my choice of box. The magician's pet tanks, the mage heals, the enchanter CC's to help the pet survive, and the mage throws in nukes around the CC. There'd be a lot of medding after fights, but there's also a lot of things you could manage at lower-than-expected levels.

Also, Enchanter / Bard might be a server first. That's just insanity. So is Enchanter/ Necro, but still.

Don't do it with a mage. Mage pet heals are not sufficient to keep the pet up even against a slowed mob, and the enchanter will end up being the one tanking if you repeatedly mez between nukes or repeatedly mez a mob so you can slowly slowly slowly patch the pet up with your meager pet heals every 20 seconds which would make exping really, really slow.

Trust me when I say that it is a bad idea for a duo and I would know since I have characters of both classes.

I have a mage alt with a cleric box, seems to be an easy box. Probably going to stick with that partner for the mage.

I have been toying around with starting up an Ench/Wiz box - using wiz for snaring the charmed pet and then just tabbing over to nuke target as an easy box, maining the enchanter and charming my way through some levels. Multi mez, recharm, single pulls and big nukes.

We will see. Having too much fun on my monk right now. :)

Enchanter / Druid would be my vote for you. The ability to snare and heal will augment your charming abilities. Track and ports will prove priceless.

Already leveling a druid with my main. I will have access to her at level cap, or for ports as needed. I want to level the enchanter with something else through. Leaning ranger or wizard, to keep snare for the charm pet and to have ranged dps.

Don't do it with a mage. Mage pet heals are not sufficient to keep the pet up even against a slowed mob, and the enchanter will end up being the one tanking if you repeatedly mez between nukes or repeatedly mez a mob so you can slowly slowly slowly patch the pet up with your meager pet heals every 20 seconds which would make exping really, really slow.

Trust me when I say that it is a bad idea for a duo and I would know since I have characters of both classes.
I've had a lot of fun with it to be honest. You occasionally tab over to cast heals or a nuke with the mage using the earth pet for rooting, while the enchanter uses all those horrible spells like Jinx and such to keep the pet alive long enough to kill the mob. Earth pet root should be effective enough to keep the enchanter alive if you're being careful. You spend all your time controlling the enchanter, really.

As to your other point, yes. It is painfully, ungodly slow.

Back
Top Bottom