Elaborate idea.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
I know the elaborate chest is suppose to be rare and elusive, and im fine with that.
But what i dont like about it, is that i dont even bother to pop the regular chests, because other people are doing it atm, so all i do is just track as often as possible, to snag the repop elaborate.

So i think it would be nice if there was a chance that Elaborate chests spawned when you open a regular one. Just have the regular one poof, im pretty sure no one cares.
So make it just as rare to get an elaborate chest, but make it a chance that you get it on opening a non elab, as well as just a regular respawn.

So what exactly would it change compared to right now ? People would still smack chests to open them... no ?

EDIT : Well I just got the whole idea that you wouldnt be able to track them down as easy as right now. But really. I'm not sure it would really change the predicament considering some chests are pretty much never opened because of their location.

It would make it so one guild couldn't grab elabs from another guild taking down the last set of chests. Pretty much he's saying disguise the elabs as smaller chests, and the only way to find it is to have the guild open the smaller chest first, it depops, and an elab pops.

I like this idea, and I would like to add on that when the smaller chest depops, it also gives you back the key used to open it, or else you'd be using a small key and an elab key.

I think the system on how Elabs pop right now works, the ToT weapon is not meant to be easy to get. If you really wanted something you put in the effort to get it. Just my 2 centz...

On the other hand, a good idea would be to up the stats on the Flamescar maybe. Funeral Guardian's Tonfa has agi, more hp, better ratio than the Flamescar and is way easier to get by far. That's my rant...

Stryda

Last edited:
I think the system on how Elabs pop right now works, the ToT weapon is not meant to be easy to get. If you really wanted something you put in the effort to get it. Just my 2 centz...

On the other hand, a good idea would be to up the stats on the Flamescar maybe. Funeral Guardian's Tonfa has agi, more hp, better ratio than the Flamescar and is way easier to get by far. That's my rant...

Stryda

this idea wouldn't make the ToT weapon any easier, it would just mean that getting the elab chests would involve a small modicum of work rather than just luck

What this idea does, just to clarify it for those who don't understand it...

It makes it more likely for the ones who actually does the work of opening chest, that they are the ones who get the Elaborate Chest.
It should still be as rare to get one, so i urge the ones who would code the change to do the math, so that they are still silly hard to get.

So the change would mean that the same amount of elaborate's will spawn over time, but it makes it so that if you put in the work of opening chests, you are more likely to get elaborate.

An easier thing to do to basically achieve what you are trying to do is just make the Elab's or all chests in that zone untrackable, a lot easier for the devs to change that than add code to ever type of chest pop.

An easier thing to do to basically achieve what you are trying to do is just make the Elab's or all chests in that zone untrackable, a lot easier for the devs to change that than add code to ever type of chest pop.

this is also acceptable, really anything to change the system from what it currently is

Hes asking to make it easier to get chests without tracking all the time, while that idea just benefits people with ridiculous numbers of level 1 tarhyl scouts???

i personally thought it was odd that such important chests were randomly scattered in the zone. To me it would make a little more sense that they would spawn near Bosses/minis so they are "protected"
Maybe even and elab spawning chance after defeating a said mini/boss as a reward for taking the time to kill could be cool instead of just walking up to after killing like 4 or more trash mobs or something.

i personally thought it was odd that such important chests were randomly scattered in the zone. To me it would make a little more sense that they would spawn near Bosses/minis so they are "protected"
Maybe even and elab spawning chance after defeating a said mini/boss as a reward for taking the time to kill could be cool instead of just walking up to after killing like 4 or more trash mobs or something.

You get rewarded for the time it takes to kill the bosses/minis with the loot they drop, including their quest pieces for the exact same quest. And linking the spawn of something that has a quest piece to the death of something that drops a quest piece for the exact same quest sounds odd at best.

The more lesser chests you pop the higher the chance of an elaborate spawning. Steel and Fusion knew this - I wonder how the knowledge was lost.

You get rewarded for the time it takes to kill the bosses/minis with the loot they drop, including their quest pieces for the exact same quest. And linking the spawn of something that has a quest piece to the death of something that drops a quest piece for the exact same quest sounds odd at best.

haha oh yeah i forgot the bosses drop pieces too. man its been so long since i did ToT. ive had the pieces for flarewynd and stoneculler rotting in bank forever and kinda forget they existed.

The more lesser chests you pop the higher the chance of an elaborate spawning. Steel and Fusion knew this - I wonder how the knowledge was lost.

I always saved up complete sets of keys on like 4-5 toons i had access too and popped chests non stop when hunting elabs. Even back when people used MQ to get chests this was the only reliable way i've found them yet :p. Used to see 2-4 chests a week pretty regularly

Doesn't seem like anyone does this anymore but the amount of people who are looking for elabs has grown substantially.

So make it just as rare to get an elaborate chest, but make it a chance that you get it on opening a non elab, as well as just a regular respawn.

this idea is the same thing as completely eliminating the concept of elaborate chests and just making the pieces rare from all chests, and is highly unlikely

Lets say 10 elaborates a year pops with the current chest popping rate. Then atleast 5 of those elaborates would go to the people who actually goes and pop the the chests.

I dont really understand why that is "easier" to get elaborate. Now you have a whole new competition, not only do you need to track for the repop's, you also have to track and clear to minor chests, and go there and pop them your self.

I always saved up complete sets of keys on like 4-5 toons i had access too and popped chests non stop when hunting elabs. Even back when people used MQ to get chests this was the only reliable way i've found them yet :p. Used to see 2-4 chests a week pretty regularly

Doesn't seem like anyone does this anymore but the amount of people who are looking for elabs has grown substantially.

These two things are very connected. With a huge amount of people hunting for elabs now and the questionable loot from the smaller chests why would you ever want to pop them unless you plan to watch ToT like a hawk for chest repops, I mean assuming you can get there in time without getting sniped. Opening them while you're there benefits you zero at the time but benefits everyone scouting in the longterm.

this idea is the same thing as completely eliminating the concept of elaborate chests and just making the pieces rare from all chests, and is highly unlikely
This idea is actually the same thing that is in now just without sitting on a trackbot in ToT forever after you have opened other chests.

I'm not sure I understand what makes the concept of elaborate chests so good and what makes the concept of the pieces rarely dropping from regular chests so bad.

Back
Top Bottom