Duplicate name. Strange coincidence.

Enderi

Dalayan Adventurer
Wondering if it would be possible from a dev to check on the status of two character names. Possibly they were created by me a while back and forgot about the account, or created by someone else on a long forgotten account.

I had plans to create a dwarven box named Loganil and Grunlor. As far as I know, the names were original inceptions by myself and a friend of mine several years ago. I attempted to create these characters today and was not permitted to do so. Just for fun I checked Formelo and those two characters have already been created.

Would it be possible to see if those characters have been logged in the last few months, and if not, could the names be removed so they could be recycled?

If you think the characters were created by your friend and yourself a while back, feel free to use the PW recovery steps to attempt to reactivate them. Otherwise, there is not a lot we can do about the names being taken. We don't delete characters (or their names) on request, so that the names can be recycled, sorry.

I understand why you guys don't but I kinda wish you did on long inactive accounts.

It really sucks seeing one of your favorite names on a 2nd level Wood Elf Druid that doesn't seem to have changed at all in 2 years (same level, same gear, some kill numbers etc).

Oddly enough, there was someone on another server who used my old ranger's name... I had created the char here as simply a bank bot. I was on her one day, and someone else asked me if I was from Realfek... then the person who had it as a main logged on.. I ended up making a new banker bot, and deleting the char so she could have the name. :)

Now, I was nice. However, had I taken that name, thinking that in a few months, I'd level her, and logged in to find her one day deleted/name changed, I WOULD HAVE BEEN PISSED!

Someone took your name? Oh, well. <Insert Random Icky Thing> happens. A quick check of that game's player website shows two Loganil's and two Grunlor's. Both on different servers. *shrug*

There's been folks here that have quit for a year or more, and come back...

Back
Top Bottom