Donator Player Housing

Wiz

NOT DONATING *EVER*
Starting shortly after this post has been made, all donator-flagged accounts (Silver, Gold, Platinum) will have access to an instanced house.

When logging in on the account, simply type #housekey to generate your house and your first House Key. This House Key can be used to transport you from any of the following zones to your house:
Newport (Both)
Surefall
Halas
Grobb
Oggok
Sadri Malath
Pocket Plane
Athica (Both)
Erudin (Both)
Underhill

Using #housekey further times will enable you to create more keys that you can give to alts, friends and whoever else you want to be able to access your house. They do not have to have donator-flagged accounts to visit your house.

Your house consists of a teraced area with three buildings. The central, smallest building, is accessible to Silver, Gold and Platinum accounts. The two-story, lefternmost (facing the cliff wall) building is accessible to Platinum and Gold accounts. The two-story, rightermost building is accessible to Platinum accounts. If you leave the teraced area, you zone back to where you entered your house. If you stop donating, you will no longer be able to access any part of your house or your items you left there, though they will remain should you wish to re-activate your donation. If you change your donation status (either up or down) the houses will adjust accordingly.

Initially, your house will not have any special features, but we expect to roll out the first ones in a few days. These features include:

- A majordomo who can sell you decorations and utility items, change the locks, and perform general tasks related to your house.
- Decorations and minature trophies of NPCs you have helped defeat in combat.
- Storage containers, either public or private, to get some extra space or share items with other people who can access the house.

The more houses you have access to, the more storage, utility and decor you can place.

Your house can serve as a private retreat, as a guild hall and guild bank, or as a monument over your accomplishments. All houses are in instanced zones, meaning that only people you have invited to your house will share the zone with you at any given time.

These houses are our way of saying "thanks" to all our donators and providing them with something neat that still does not directly influence gameplay. After all, it's only thanks to our donators that we can afford the hardware to run our new instance servers with.

I will update this post as house features progress. Feel free to comment.

Congratulation Wiz,

my english is not so perfect, but the houses are just like another zone?
You have to zone into your house?
Will there be able a demonstration house so some non-donator can look at it?
I really enjoyed this new thing and might even donate a bit for SoD:D

ty!

Wow! Just when you think that it can't get any better, the staff comes up with another unique idea! Viva Le SoD!

Would it be possible to freeze buff timers in the House zone, it's not like you can kill anything and it would be a great feature.

Edit- Also, the zone is pitch black so you can't see anything other than what's right in front of you, could it be made a nice blue sky instead :) ?

Since the house key can only be activated in cities could you please reduce its cast time from 30 seconds to more like 5 seconds. I don't see any issue with using it as an evac device (like gate necks would have) since its restricted to city zones. It currently seems a pain to have to cast two 30 second clickies to get to your house.

Cool idea btw! :)

Zhak said:
Would it be possible to freeze buff timers in the House zone, it's not like you can kill anything and it would be a great feature.

Edit- Also, the zone is pitch black so you can't see anything other than what's right in front of you, could it be made a nice blue sky instead :) ?

The zone used is PoKnowledge from live. it is actually quite a big zone and having a blue sky & thus a vision of it all is somehting i imagine the dev's dont want!

BeittilBonker said:
Zhak said:

The zone used is PoKnowledge from live. it is actually quite a big zone and having a blue sky & thus a vision of it all is somehting i imagine the dev's dont want!

Yeah.

Could Rivervale be added to the city zones you may port from? I know its kidna a odd city but i am just curious kinda.

Would it be possible to keep summoned items so they can't poof as long as it stays in the housing district?

Maimai said:
Since the house key can only be activated in cities could you please reduce its cast time from 30 seconds to more like 5 seconds. I don't see any issue with using it as an evac device (like gate necks would have) since its restricted to city zones. It currently seems a pain to have to cast two 30 second clickies to get to your house.

Cool idea btw! :)

agreed, I don't see how a shorter casting time could be abused. :brow:

It would be cool to use such a house as your guild house, only there is 1 problem now. When 1 guy leaves the guild you would have to give everyone a new key. Cant you make like a command to kill 1 key. like: /cm destroykey <name>

Noktar said:
It would be cool to use such a house as your guild house, only there is 1 problem now. When 1 guy leaves the guild you would have to give everyone a new key. Cant you make like a command to kill 1 key. like: /cm destroykey <name>

It's not nearly that simple, trust me here.

Back
Top Bottom