Donations

bmilks

Dalayan Beginner
Im not exactly sure what Wizzy is running this server with but those who were at the Bazaar event know that the server population is starting to skyrocket and the server itself may need an upgrade.

This is just a thought but I used to play on a Counterstrike server that took donations to keep it alive and improving it. It turned out to be one of the best PING'd servers i'd ever played on.

www.cainslair.com

What im suggesting is to give the opportunity for people to be able to donate money towards server improvements to help crashes, fixes and overall population increases.

Flame away guys.

The biggest problem is how to do it.

Wiz is in Sweden, and Paypal hates anyone who isn't in the US/Australia/England/Canada.

I was telling a friend earlier that id pay to play on WR if 2 things were true.

1. I would have to be able to connect to the server. I have problems specifically with WR that no one can really figure out. I also have problems with my ISP being really bad. (so partially this is my fault)

2. If I did get on, I wouldn't crash every 1 in 5 times zoning. Its tough enough to get connected, but then when I do, I dread zoning.

Warmog said:
I was telling a friend earlier that id pay to play on WR if 2 things were true.

1. I would have to be able to connect to the server. I have problems specifically with WR that no one can really figure out. I also have problems with my ISP being really bad. (so partially this is my fault)

2. If I did get on, I wouldn't crash every 1 in 5 times zoning. Its tough enough to get connected, but then when I do, I dread zoning.

Believe me, we wish we could fix this. :sadf:

I would probably also be willing to pay to play. Or at least donate.

Out of curiosity, a few people I have talked to have noticed that this server is "DR2" while most others are DR3. I have no clue what this means, but will be doing some research. My guess is its some version of Emu or at least the database. I understand that this DR3 upgrade may fix alot of problems with the server, but I know a lot of code is custom on WR, therefore DR3 may be a lot harder to implement. I will be doing some more research on this to see whats possible.

Any info reguarding this would be great. I would be interested in helping if I am able to, although I am not too familiar with eqemu or the WR coding, but I can always teach myself :p

Well ya, I meant donate for sure. However if it came down to it, id pay 5 USD or so to play the game.. given my previous conditions.

I have to hand it to the WR crew, probably one of the best EQ experiences.. and its probably because its not really EQ. its personalized and I can talk to a gm and he won't get all pissy or something. Its really hard to explain, but its not dealing with a big name company that doesn't care about you.

Umm you probobly wouldn't be legally able to call it paying to play.

EQemulater got sued but won the case because they are not charging money for another companies product.

The donations would be for the server.

It's legal bull shit but don't get Wizzy and the gang into legal trouble =)

We're actually DR3, we have all the DR3 features, I just forgot to update version.h. ;)

Ya, Karl I figured as much. Im sure there is no possible way for them to say you have to pay to play on this server. But most of the community is mature enough to realize that a couple USD donated here and there would help out.

WR will never force anyone to pay to play, nor will anyone ever get special benefits from paying, at least not ingame (maybe you'll get a title on the forums or something and a +v in IRC, I dunno).

If it ends up like that, I'm quitting staff and going to Sweden to kick Wiz's dumb ass.

Back
Top Bottom