Deity Quests - good, bad, ugly

Melodico

Dalayan Elder
Hello Dalayans -

Recently contemplating areas of the game I have yet to fully explore, Deity quests popped out as something I've mostly avoided. Wanting to explore these quests and advance a few characters' augs, I am seeking your feedback. Hopefully, some of this upcoming exploration can be relayed unto the wiki for future use.

Random questions
  • Which deity quests have you enjoyed completing?
  • Which were a huge pita and not worth the hassle?
  • Are there any that stand out as being unique?
  • Have you encountered any in 2.5 that seem bugged?

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.
Pazms​

1.) i enjoyed all of these gradalsh, althuna, sihala, marlow, enthann and tarhansar (even tho it never got finished still a fun quest).

2.) i didnt enjoy so much doing jayla or pariah

3.) never done tarhyl but it seems unique. shiritri and sivyana are unique for being incomplete and very short.

4.) haven't done any in 2.5.

I've only done the Althuna quest and I remember hardly any of it, except for the parts where I had to conscript a force from my guild to help. The reward aug is invaluable... but looking back, I remember the final step having a huge difficulty spike, and we had to ring in some uber dps and tank. I suppose that's how a lot of quests go.

The deity quest I enjoyed most was Tarhyl's. Not only did the unmatched aug reward at the end keep me wanting to progress, but the quest itself has so much variety. It forces you to visit plenty of Old World zones, negotiate with prisoners, decide the fate of a family, avenge a murder, work your way back up the ranks after a fall from grace, and so on.

I remember nearing the end and realizing I had to kill a certain female Iksar Necromancer in East Freeport. It was exciting because I'd seen her for years and always wondered if she was part of something a dev had abandoned. Turned out she and the latter stages of Tarhyl's aug quest were just undocumented on the wiki. And the fight itself was a good challenge, too!
I disliked helping a friend with his Jayla augs. I haven't completed that questline myself, but the whole first half seems like a combination of boring, long camps in low-end areas where you're at the mercy of the RNG. And all that work for a mid-grade aug....
Enthann definitely stands out in my mind as being unique because it offers the player five separate augs to choose from. Each one calls for a different final ingredient from a different zone/mob. I can't think of another deity quest that branches out in this way. The augs themselves all have middling stats, but each has a cool effect that can strengthen any class. For instance, the opal comes with Casting Speed Increment V, meaning the player who picks it will always have at least level V of this focus no matter what gear upgrades or swap-outs he gets as he goes up the tiers.
I haven't done much at all with deity quests since the switch, so I can't comment on this.

I enjoyed Marlow and Tarhyl. I enjoyed MAKING Pariah quest - it is tedious by design. :(

The thing to note about deity quests (with the possible exceptions of Pariah and Enthann) is that they are all the same quest. They all follow a linked storyline. So I personally found Marlow's quest to be fun, but figuring out the intricate lore was also really fun.

that is true, based off what i saw doing gradalsh and tarhansar i have a fairly good idea what they lead into. Can only hope rest get done and they culminate into their final story someday.

The thing to note about deity quests (with the possible exceptions of Pariah and Enthann) is that they are all the same quest. They all follow a linked storyline. So I personally found Marlow's quest to be fun, but figuring out the intricate lore was also really fun.

This is biased you had no choice.

I agree that the early stages of Jayla were more boring than I remember other quests to be (I did Althuna, Marlow, Tarhansar and Jayla twice). In 2.5, Jayla quest also gets buggy in later stages, but of the kind that an ordinary gm can fix.

I enjoyed the story in Jayla. Ive only done Marlow and Jayla, and marlow has some tedious moments (Not knowing an exact loc of something or wiki isnt 100% accurate or vague enough to slow it down.)

Back
Top Bottom