Deepshade zone in

temprd

Dalayan Adventurer
The Deepshade zone in is bugged, 9/10 when trying to run across the zoneline it will freeze your toon, you can use say, and spells but otherwise will need to /quit out.

I've dealt with the Deepshade zoneline many a time in 2.5 already, and it always causes headaches when trying to maneuver a group into the zone. :(

Only the camera freezes, not the character. You simply get warped to a distant point that is way off the map. Reaching this distant point is supposed to trigger a second warp that places you back at the Deepshade zoneline (presumably the developers' makeshift way of bypassing the Gorge of King Xorbb zoneline that was originally there), but it seems the second warp trigger is highly unreliable in this client. As long as you aren't ducking when the you get stuck after the first warp, you can still cast, use clickies, etc. If you are lucky enough to have access to some form of evac, that works. I've made it a habit in 2.5 to keep my DRU in Runnyeye until everybody else is successfully zoned into Deepshade so that, in case the zoneline/warp bug occurs, I'm able to bug my own DRU out and evac anybody who's stuck in limbo.

If it's any help, I find that tapping forward gently along the right-hand wall is somewhat reliable; if successful, your toon will wind up near the back wall with the vines on it, at which point you can turn to the left and zone out of Runnyeye and into Deepshade once and for all. As you mentioned, /q (or relogging) will also work to pop your character back at the Runnyeye zone-in, but it's very time-consuming when all you want to do is get your exp on!

surprised there's a need for that warp to a zone point thing, afaik you can just change the target zone in the zone points table -- like how other custom zone connections are already done (I assume)

This zone in is a pain but here is a way to circumvent it:
-shrink and levitate
-hug the right wall as you run in and keep running as your camera freezes
-after a second or two, you'll get through this bit and can zone in Deepshade

-shrink and levitate
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it next time I'm there, although I've come up with what I thought were quick fixes in the past only to realize they didn't work the next time I tried them. :confused: WTB Taryth's Little Helper for this zoneline!

-shrink and levitate

I've tried the levitate trick in the past and hasn't worked for me. Just now I tried adding shrink a few times and still no bueno. Maybe it's my zone files, but have repatched multiple times. I continue to get the, "WARP detected, moving back to point of origin..." error message but nothing happens except for going behind the zone line, I can freely move about behind it, but when attempting to cross over again character gets stuck like without levitate.

The spot where the camera bug happen isn't quite the zone line yet, just take a left once you are past it.

Back
Top Bottom