Daredevil (2015) on Netflix

Watched the first episode and was like, "its ok" then rosario dawson shows up and im like ok, now this is getting interesting.

Yes, this show does indeed own. I think the dying-on-some-nurses-couch episode might be one of the best hero stories I have seen done on screen. Amazing what happens when people who love and respect the source material (Daredevil has some of the best) are given comic book projects.

Happy you liked it man. The only episode I didn't care too much for was the very last one. Season 2 is confirmed so that is cool.

I really enjoyed it. All of the cool and well-shot action/fight sequences seemed to be front-loaded into the first few episodes, though. It was still entertaining throughout, but the season finale did kinda suck.

The finale committed the sin that very nearly all comic book adaptations commit- wasting time on some forced, awkward romantic subplot. Superman was a creepy stalker, Captain America had a boner for literally the only woman he knew, Thor gets a god boner for some lady because because, Iron Man... oh Iron Man, and the list goes on. Some stories need their Mary Jane or Betty to round out the story, but most stories about people in costumes punching people do not. Had the episode wasted less time on that and maybe given a flashback about Matt fighting some bully in the alley as a kid or just not turned Fisk into some misunderstood little boy instead of simply a very greedy and violent kingpin of crime (though that was a few episodes), who knows.

Had the episode wasted less time on that and maybe given a flashback about Matt fighting some bully in the alley as a kid
I don't think they wanted to repeat much of anything from the 2003 movie, which there was specifically ^THIS^ scene. I power-watched all 13 episodes and dusted off the BAfleck version dvd the next day. God that was aweful...

Back
Top Bottom