Custom UIs for Dalaya

a few compilations would be great. i wouldn't mind seeing a few zipped files to DL with UIs to rummage through.

Maybe a subsection of the SoD Wiki, set up after a fashion like EQInterface?

As for hosting Compilations... Personally, I think Pieces are the way to go. Let the individual choose what kind of configuration works best for his/her gameplay, rather than having to cannibalize a slew of divergent sources for the parts that best make the desired whole.

I'd be happy to upload the retrofitted Containers.xml, if you have a site or email address for me to send it to.

A few windows are untouched from their original state, and can be gotten from EQInterface and used without issue. (MP3 Player, Compass, MapView, Target (if without integrated ToT), Inventory, SpellBook, Cast/BreathTimer)

Only the ones touched in later expansions can't be trusted from the normal sources... (more spell slots, buff slots, and some kind of a "combat indicator" pretty much takes any newer Casting Bar, Buff/Effects, and Player Windows off the table)

Hi,

when i use the WoW Ui i get a red warning that my UI is not compatabile...and something about some XML Files not matching. I also get several entries in the UIError.txt file.

Any way to fix this ? I just copied the wowui folder in the Custom UI folder and then just renamed the UI_Playername_ini to my char...

Greetings
Landario

I've actually found a way to fix these kinds of errors and used the method with the still-unreleased Eternalo. I'll probably actually be putting Eternalo up soon... but anyhoo. If anyone is interested in the debug routine that cleans those errors up, I'll try to remember what it was! I remember once I figured it out it was pretty much like magic and was even able to make a dirty hack perl script. Which I've lost btw, was on my reiserfs partitition I accidentally nuked... Yes... reiserfs... I'm a linux geek, do all my development on Gentoo Linux.

An interesting note on those errors, I found that after I was able to eliminate them, I also managed to eliminate 90% or more of my zoneline crashes. My assumption is that somehow the UI errors slowly corrupt some internal logs and lead to an eventual crash.

Last edited:
Thats some interesting theory. I would like to see (if you can remember) how you debugged that error clean.

And on that side note, I would like to convert to linux, but I'm too scared :). If someone would hold my hand and fix my computer maybe, but that is not likely, so I'll most likely be staying put in Windows.

Just a quick note: Lynne I LOVE this UI. Although there is a small tweak that needs to be made. The UI doesn't stick b/c there is no INI file included.

I bypassed the file. If anyone is interested in this UI and needs help /t Ligon or email me.

Thanks again Lynne (ps hurry back).

UI I'm using which is a wow clone (I didn't actually make this UI):

EQ000133.jpg

Here ya go. Interface I have been wanting to read up on editing UI's so I can make changes to the buff bar, would like it to be horizontal + remove the un-needed buff icons.

Last edited:
Yes very easy....

1. Download File

2. Copy paste/move file (once unzipped etc) in to: EQ directory>uifiles. just dump the entire folder in there.

3. in Game go to options menu>General>Load UI> select UI of choice

4. Once the screen freezes and returns you will have loaded your new UI.... BUT.... be warned it may appear all blown up and all over the place. Simply move the windows around and adjust them to your liking or just look at the SS on the forums and try to copy it.

5. Enjoy your new EQ UI

Here ya go. Interface I have been wanting to read up on editing UI's so I can make changes to the buff bar, would like it to be horizontal + remove the un-needed buff icons.

There something I need to do to make it work?
Downloaded from that link, stuck extracted the files to a new folder in my uifiles folder, the folder pops up in the list ingame (using /load).
Hitting load just causes the base UI to load.
Really liking that UI, so would love to get it to work.

If I can't get that one to work though, anyone know where I can find the one that was called..I think.Scutch? Something like that. Can't find any information on it using google.

Thanks ^_^

Copy your default and overwrite it with the extracted files. You are probably missing files the UI did not modify, so it can not load properly

Maybe a subsection of the SoD Wiki, set up after a fashion like EQInterface?

We've had a section on the wiki since long before it was move to official hosting. It's a small section, and I don't see any reason to really change that (I wouldn't mind updating it to be a little prettier if people were actually interested in adding to it though!)

The client customization has a section for custom SoD UIs; UIs used to have their own page, but the hosting on all but one of them had expired, and no one had added anything in ~ a year, so it was nested into another page to make it easier to navigate.

But so yeah, if any UI authors want to add their UIs to the wiki, go for it. If you need help doing it, just PM me or leave me a msg on my wiki talk page.

Back
Top Bottom