Curveblade of the Malik

metvayne1

Dalayan Beginner
Woldaff, I understand if you hate me for this post but

This weapon is universally regarded as unequippable. Like literally no one who can do vah will ever use it. In fact, I can't see anyone who breaks out of tier 6 really making use of it.

Curvebade of the Malik (Shar Vahl)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Primary Secondary
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 17 AC: 2
Magic DMG: 1
Effect: Tishan's Discord (Combat, 0.1)
Skill Mod: Parry +2
STR: +5 DEX: +35 HP: +90
WT: 1.7 Size: Medium
Class: WAR RNG BRD ROG
Race: ALL

Some comparisons:

Flame-forged Longblade (Lower Thaz Fire)
Slot: Primary Secondary
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 21
DMG: 18
Effect: Blast of Flame (Combat, Instant)
STR: +17 DEX: +17 CHA: +10 HP: +135
SV FIRE: +10
WT: 2.5 Size: Medium

Blackened Dragonspine Cutlass (Caverns of Darkness)
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slash Atk Delay: 21
DMG: 17
Effect: Dreadflame (Combat)
Instrument Modifier: All Instruments (1.7)
STA: +10 DEX: +15 CHA: +20 HP: +115 MANA: 70
PR: +20 DR: +20
Weight: 3.0 Size: Medium

Scimitar of Chaotic Flame (Plane of Fire)
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slash Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 14
Fire DMG: 3
Skill Mod: Parry +5%
STA: +15 WIS: +15 INT: +15 HP: +110
FR: +15
Weight: 7.0 Size: Medium
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD DRU BRD ROG

I would understand if the Curveblade of the Malik was equally OK for both melee dps and tanks, but in its current state, it pails in comparison compared to loot from tier 6-8. On tier, shar vahl is quite difficult (around tier 8ish, but tiers are dumb so this is just for estimation's sake).

The 2 AC and 90 hp on the sword screams "hey I am usable by tanks but im still terrible" while the lackluster proc and ratio (the ratio is the least worse thing about this item, but still not awesome) make it not desirable for melee dps. Not to mention you can get more HP from any 1 hander at tier 6 and above. Couple this with the fact that shar vahl is not something you can clear every 5 days, and requires quite a bit of effort to even unlock this opportunity. I know there was a re-working of vah loot, but this weapon in no means was overpowered in its previous incarnation. Vah loot as a whole is very useful to most classes on tier, except for this item. That's not to say that every item in the loot table needs to be amazing, because there are undesirable loots for almost every encounter. But this weapon has absolutely 0 use at the time for which it is dropped.

ALSO: 0 Resists and bad +stats are pretty inexcusable if you couple it with its already awful stats, especially for melee dps. Every early tier sword I linked has some sort of resists.

Its actually a nice weapon. The other items you compared to it are worse. The proc isn't terrible, its 300 base damage or so, not a completely terrible proc rate. Also, its all about ratio. 18/20=0.9 thats the same ratio as Blade of Reckless energy (thaz 2) and thats because on most raid mobs, the MR gets lowered to around 1-3 (debuffs are uber). 18/21=.857 the base ratio of flame-forged longblade. The base ratio of curveblade is .85, and the 1 magic dmg will probably be resisted about half of the time, making the ratio .875. Win here. Scimitar of chaotic flame is ratio .7, with fire damage, its .85, and this is only under the most ideal situations. All the other weapons do have stats over curveblade, but curveblade is more dps. So, just give curveblade 20-30 more hp, maybe some more str, some MR or PR, and 5 more ac and I say its quite on tier.

Back
Top Bottom