Current Development Status/Needs?

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Since the launch of 2.5, we have seen great strides in the squashing of bugs. However, we have not had a lot of talk concerning the direction of development priorities for once this is finished. It has been one month since the big frontpage update, and while that was fantastic, there has not been any real talk since then. Most of the people I've talked to in game have no idea where the server is going at the moment. I feel like this lack of communication has caused enthusiasm among the playerbase, especially among veterans, to drop a great deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and the things that the devs have done with the EQ client have required Herculean feats to accomplish. But, it is my opinion that without more dialogue on the direction things are going - and frank talk about future content priorities, we are going to witness a continued decline in population until the plug is pulled. There is a huge former playerbase to this game that wants to play, but Ikkisith 2.0 has been waiting in the wings for years now, and nobody is going to be willing to come back without some real talk about advancing their characters beyond the current content cap. One can only make so many alts before it all gets stale.

With that in mind. What is the current dev status? What are the near-future priorities? What can we do to help?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

nobody is going to be willing to come back without some real talk about advancing their characters beyond the current content cap. One can only make so many alts before it all gets stale.

Real talk.

Get the kaezul Lore working , the war with kaezul was a big draw for me coming in to SoD. Zones getting randomly invaded and occupied as a new player was great fun and im sure many new to SoD 2.5 might agree. Having a real version of kaezul for the big high tier players to mess with might also be a good thing and short term bandaid fix for those players as well while new zones,etc. are dev'd for them. In short amp up the PR campaign for Kaezul let them know hes coming and to stay tuned while ikisth 2.0 might be far off making it feel within reach could go a long way.

Get the kaezul Lore working , the war with kaezul was a big draw for me coming in to SoD. Zones getting randomly invaded and occupied as a new player was great fun and im sure many new to SoD 2.5 might agree. Having a real version of kaezul for the big high tier players to mess with might also be a good thing and short term bandaid fix for those players as well while new zones,etc. are dev'd for them. In short amp up the PR campaign for Kaezul let them know hes coming and to stay tuned while ikisth 2.0 might be far off making it feel within reach could go a long way.
I actually really like this idea. The war was always alot of fun, and extending it would add immersion as well as offering a different style of encounter. Also, on the note of outdoor raiding, can we bring back the newish world bosses (RIP Skoal and Traek Jr. - who cares if people know the strat at this point???)

I'm not on staff therefore do not take what I'm about to say as a 100% solid thing

DEVs - The staff always has close to none. Slaariel is working on a zone (well multiple zones) and the loot is being worked on. She(he) now has someone that is willing to create loot for his zones which has always been one of the harder aspects of the game. More content should be released soon.

Admins -
  • Jumbers - unfortunately is working on becoming a high paid systems admin and does not have a lot of time to dedicate to SOD.
  • Taryth - is working with a lawyer doing things
  • Karit - I know she wanted to take a break for a little as the playerbase is a plague. Hopefully she took that break (i dont know)
  • Tarutao - is busy stacking nuts and might make an appearance at goongia 2016
  • Wold - is working on ...... making pancakes.

If you can think of cool fights and loot that doesnt break the game you should apply to be a dev. there is like an open door policy at the moment and pretty much anyone can join as long as you arent a terrible person (and corrupt).

Back
Top Bottom